C h a p t e r 5 2

"Are you doing okay?" Yin asked while they nuzzled their snout onto her back. Instead of a response she pushed them away from her causing them to worry even more "If you don't change into a smaller form you're going to crush my furniture" She finally spoke "Right, sorry" They apologized after turning into a human.

"Is your leg okay? You were limping earlier" They sat at the edge of her bed next to her feet "I'm fine" She answered "Is it okay if I atleast check your leg" They asked, reaching for her leg but before they could touch her she quickly pulled her leg closer to her causing her to groan in pain "Y/n show me your leg" They demanded "I said I'm fine."

"You're obviously not fine" They grabbed onto her good leg and pulled her closer to them. Y/n struggled trying to push herself away but to no luck her sock was pulled down revealing it "Woah, Did you get a tattoo or something after your mission?" Yin glanced from her ankle to her face.

"You picked a spider with a cross on it's back. That's pretty cool" They said releasing her leg "It costed a lot though" She said as she carefully pulled her sock back up to cover the tattoo "It couldn't have been that much, how much was it?" Yin asked, eager to know.

"It didn't cost money but it just costed me something important" She responded "Was it atleast an equal trade? A tattoo for what you gave away?" They asked "I don't know" She shrugged her shoulders as she laid back down.

"Well then let's go get a refund" They said, pulling her out of bed "It's not refundable" She groaned, pulling herself back onto her bed "Then me and Yang will make it refundable" A menacing smile showed on their face "Speaking of Yang do you know where they are?" 

"They just told me that they had something to do so I let them go" She sat up "Can you tell me exactly what they said?" They asked, looking out the window "I'm going to go some where for a while, you can come with me if you want but you might get your foot stuck in a hole" She repeated what Yang said but now just realizing how peculiar it sounded "Okay I'll be back in a bit. Don't forget to eat" They said before opening the windowing jumping outside, leaving a confused Y/n.

-------------------------□■□■

Yin's pov 

From what Y/n had recited to me I figured that Yang was at the near by cemetery. Saying that you might get your foot stuck in a hole was a way of Yang saying that they'd be some where filled with holes and that was the best guess I got.

As I approached the place I made sure to be as quiet as possible. I didn't want to disturb anyone or anything here. No one would really visit a cemetery at four in the morning but just to be safe I walked cautiously until I saw Yang sitting on a bench.

"Why are you sitting here all alone?" I asked aloud, catching their attention "Just wanted time to think to myself" They answered as they continued to look forward "What's on your mind?" I asked, sitting down beside them. There was a long silence before Yang answered.

"Yin, I don't want Y/n to be our vessel anymore" They said softly as they looked directly into my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, this was a first. Yang wasn't the type to abandon any vessel half way, they always saw it through until the end. I was always in the habit of doing that but why choose to do it now when we have Y/n?

"Why? Did something happen?" I looked at them with disbelief "Have you ever got the feeling that we're burdening Y/n?" They asked while they fiddled with their hands "I feel that way sometimes but it's not enough for me to believe we shouldn't be with her. She needs us" I looked at Yang. I was worried. Yang never seemed to have a problem with Y/n. She hasn't done anything to harm them from what I know.

"Even if we believe we're burdening her, we won't know until we ask her."

"She doesn't lie but I don't think she would tell us if we were to."

"So that's why I will renounce Y/n as my vessel" Yang stood up looking towards the dark sky "Yin."

I was still in shock to answer so I stayed still, quietly looking towards the ground "If you would like to stay with Y/n, you can. It's your choice" When I looked up at them they looked back at me with a warm smile.

Everything we have done, we have always done together. Just like the Yin and Yang, always together because they balanced the world.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked one last time" "Yes I'm sure" They responded back.

"Where will you go?" I could feel the tears already beginning to form "I'll figure it out so don't worry about me. Just focus on looking after Y/n."

Even in a situation like this they still managed to smile just as bright, like they always do. I could never figure out how Yang felt most of the time but they right now I know that they must feel content.

They'll be all on their own now. Between me and Yang, I was always the one depending on on the other. Yang could always do everything by themself if they had to.

Yang surely would be living a great life if they didn't have me always asking for help. In truth, I'm the burden.

"You should go back now. You shouldn't worry her" Yang spoke as the smile seemed more sad this time "Aren't you going to tell her?" I looked straight at them, their smile stayed plastered on their face as tears began to stream down.

"If I tell her face to face I won't be able to leave. She would make me stay and I would" Yang started to cry even more.

Yang loves Y/n just as much as I do but we both feel differently on what's best for her. I want to help her in any possible way I can so that I can do this I often stay near by.

Yang wants to do the same but what they think is best for her is they want to grant her the space and freedom she needs, even if they aren't a part of that.

I don't want to debate about this. If Yang feels this way I won't decide to persuade them otherwise. As their sibling I should support them. In this specific choice at least.

It's the first decision they've made ever since they had to look out for me. I'm glad.

What I worry most about right now is how I'm going to tell Y/n.