C h a p t e r 4 7

The dinner was very extravagant. The dining room was big which was able to support the orchestra and the two families including another that wouldn't be coming until later. Walking into the room, Y/n forgot how it felt to have so much wealth in front of her, in a way it was frightening. She couldn't help but clutch onto Milluki's sleeve.

"It's really big in here isn't it?" He whispered to her "I don't really like it" She whispered back looking around more "You can sit by me if you want" He offered "No, I think I'll be okay and besides Mom is probably going to make me sit by Hiroko" She answered look up to see that all the Akihiros were all seated by the table. Each of them had an empty seat placed beside them.

As they took their seats Y/n was greeted with a smile from Hiroko and Hikari. Coincidentally her seat was in between Hiroko's and Hikari's  with Illumi sitting on the other side of Hikari and an unhappy Kalluto by Hiroko. No one was talking, only the music from the orchestra could be heard until the doors to the dining room opened again revealing the others guests. There were two adults and the people following behind them must be their children.

One sat on the other side of Kalluto and the other sat on the empty seat beside Milluki "I'm sure we all have heard of each other but just to clarify we are the Akihiros, we have three children, Hikari our oldest, Kira, and Hiroko" Mrs. Akihiro spoke greeting the two other families "Well then we are the Zoldycks, we have five children, Illumi our oldest, Milluki, Killua, Kalluto, and Y/n" After Kikyo had said her name it felt like all of their eyes were on her, in the corner of her eye she saw Kira giving her a sarcastic frown, giggling to herself.

"It's nice to meet you all. We are the Megumis, we have two children, well almost three" Mrs. Megumi spoke caressing her baby bump causing the other mothers to awe and smile.  Although they are assassins, they are also mothers. Through the years of raising their children they had grown a soft spot for them "Do you know how many months left until your due?" Mrs. Akihiro asked with a warm smile "Around two month" She answered "So what do you plan on naming it?" Kikyo asked "We've been thinking about some options but I love the name "Mika" the best" She answered.

"It's going to be a girl!?" Mrs. Akihiro's face lit up with excitement "Yes, I'm so happy to have another girl!" Mrs. Megumi said with joy" I was so hesitant to come here today since I haven't been leaving my house lately but I'm glad I came so I can finally meet Y/n since I wasn't able to attend her birthday last year" She said directing a smile towards her "It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Megumi" Y/n spoke returning the smile.

"Kikyo your daughter is so cute! Where do you find children like that?" She exclaimed admiring the young girl "How many times do I need to clarify that she is my biological daughter" Kikyo answered with a frown on her face "But she's so doll like she doesn't seem human! Her skin tone is so pale, paler than Killua's, her eyes shine like plastic, and her hair" She pointed out, eyeing her unusual hair color "Such an ugly choice of colors, it makes her look old" She added with her finger still pointed at her.

Y/n was astonished that a grown women would decide to blatantly insult her in front of all these people. She felt embarrassed and so ridiculed for something she couldn't help. The words that came out of her mouth made her uncomfortable, Kikyo would often say that she looked like a doll in a kind and loving way but the women in front of her had changed how she felt about it in just a few words.

The only thing she could think about doing was to cry. No adult had ever openly insulted her as much as she did and she felt horrible. As tears threatened to leave her eyes she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, picking her up "I'll be taking her outside" Illumi whispered to Hikari in the now louder room, she nodded signaling for them to quickly leave before something happens.