C h a p t e r 2 0

"What did you just say?" Killua said in shock, they all were "W-what do you mean? That's not true right?" Alluka said trying to hold back her tears "I swear if this is some sick joke-" Killua said getting angry "It's not. Why would I lie about something like this?" Kalluto said "Kalluto this isn't funny" Illumi said with his usual monotone voice "Why do you all think I'm lying!? I heard it from Father himself and any second now he'll probably make the announcement" Kalluto yelled holding back his tears.

They all went silent trying to comprehend the news. Dinner was in a few hours meaning that Silva was bound to make the announcement.

They all sat at the table in silence until the words they dreaded so much left Silva's mouth "You must have heard this from Kalluto but it's true" Silva said placing his utensil down. The air in the dining room became melancholic as soft sobs began to escape from Kikyo following was Alluka and Kalluto. Killua, Milluki, and Illumi only stayed silent. It was hard to bear as there dearest Y/n was gone.

"Did they find her body?" Illumi said trying to break the silence "No we couldn't retrieve her" Silva said closing his eyes. Kikyo's sobs grew louder, her only wish was to atleast see her daughter's face before she could never see her again "One of the searchers that were sent out had found a note and a piece of her.....body that was found in front of the gates of the place we held the party" He explained "Ofcourse we will be holding a funeral for her later on so be prepared" He announced.

Once dinner ended Killua had asked to see the piece of Y/n that had been attached to the note, the others were curious as well but Alluka decided to not come along because she didn't want to see the detached part of her sister. As it seems they have walked down a hundred flights of stairs they finally reached the bottom. Gotoh opened a door to a spacious room that had only one thing in it: a box on a podium.

They stepped into the cloud room looking around the walls were a grayish color as the box was a blood red. Gotoh lifted the top of the box that revealed a glass case covered by a cloth, he removes it showing them the only piece they had of her left, her finger. They all intently looked at it taking in every detail of the finger to the now pale color of the skin to the bone dark red flesh inside. They were all to busy in their thoughts to miss a key detail that only Killua noticed.

When they walked back up the stairs Illumi and Milluki went their separate ways leaving the two boys. Just when Kalluto was about to walk awake Killua spoke 

"Liar" 

The words caught Kalluto off guard "What did you say?" He said turning his head "I don't know what your playing at Kalluto but your not telling us something I know it" Killua said stepping closer to him, Kalluto sighs "If this is about Y/n drop it, Father already confirmed that" He said getting irritated that he still didn't believe him "Huh and I thought you knew everything about her, I guess not" He said putting his hands lazily into his pockets started to walk away, this surprised him "What do you mean? I do know" He defended himself "Then how come you didn't notice?" He turned his head to look at him with an angry expression, Kalluto stayed silent.

"I know that you watch her very closely so you wouldn't have ignored this detail, from what she wears to how she acts you've seen it all so it makes so sense on how you weren't able to notice it!" He raised his voice angrily "It hurts me to know that your doubting me when you've seen it right in front of you!" Kalluto stepped closer to him "Then tell me why there was no nail polish on the nail!?" He shot back. Kalluto went completely silent, at this very moment he had remembered one thing that could give it all away that Y/n had been wearing red nail polish that night.

"H-how did you-" He toke a step back "Your not the only one who cares for her. She my little sister ofcourse I need to watch over her. It was actually a coincidence that I saw her nail color when she was eating pudding" His attitude had changed back to being calm "So are you going to tell the others?" Kalluto asked clearly trying to hide his fear "No but your lucky that Alluka wasn't there" He said "How come" He questioned "She was the one who painted her nails, if she were to have seen that finger she would have said something spoiling what ever plan you have" He began to scrunch up his nose in disgust.

"So tell me, what did you hope to gain from lying?" Killua crossed his arms, Kalluto sighed in defeat "I guess there's no reason to hide it from you. Do you know what Y/n's dream is?" He suddenly asked "No....?" He said in confusion "Well she said that...she wanted to explore and adventure around the world one day and that she wants to discover things on her own.." His gaze softened thinking about her. Although Killua was furious at him for lying, he could understand where he was coming from.

He sighs walking closer to him putting his and on his shoulder "I can understand what your trying to do and I accept it" He said "But just be prepared for when the others find out about this" He began to walk away "Some of them can be easily persuaded especially Illumi and Milluki" His figure had disappeared down the hall leaving Kalluto alone in his thoughts.

'I know that it's going to be hard but I'm doing this all for her'  He clenched his fist in determination.