C h a p t e r 4 8

"Oh Y/n! Why don't you try this necklace on as well?" Kikyo suggested handing her another piece of extravagant jewelry to try on "It looks really heavy" Y/n said, taking the jewelry into her hands. When she reached towards her neck her fingers grazed the ring that had been dangling from the chain around her neck. She looked at the necklace in her hands and down to the one Silas gifted her and there was no debate on what she chose.

"I don't really like it very much" She answered, placing it down on the table "Is it because of the weight or because you don't want to take off the necklace your already wearing?" Kikyo asked as she continued to search for more accessories in the boxes in front of her. Y/n sat there in silence "That necklace seems to be really special to you since you don't want to take it off" She continued.

"Did Kalluto gift it to you?" She added, turning her head to look at her. Again, the young female stayed silent "Well where ever it may have came from it would be much easier if you toke it off for now" Kikyo looked at her with a look that wasn't so soft but wasn't harsh either.

In a second, the necklace was placed onto the table as she continued to search for jewelry that would match her outfit for this evening's event.

-------------------------□■□■

The Zoldycks sat in the very first row of chairs on the far left side while the Akihiros and Megumis sat on the opposite side.

Y/n couldn't help but notice someone staring at her from the other side of the venue while she continued to uncomfortably try to admire the scenery around her. Milluki's guess had been right, there were many flowers surrounding the large area including the flower that caught her eye back at the Akihiro Estate.

"Jeez, when will they start?" Killua asked annoyed, snapping her out of her thoughts "They'll start soon" She answered, reassuring him "Make it start now" He whined out, slumping his body into his seat.

"Wait where's Kalluto?" She asked looking around, frantically "Don't worry, he's sitting over there" He pointed is head towards him. Kalluto was sitting on the other side of the venue where the Megumis sat. He was especially sitting right next to their daughter.

"I wonder why he's sitting there instead of here" Y/n wondered "Beats me. He can do whatever he wants" Killua's carefree attitude towards the situation earned him a are-you-seriously-going-to-act-like-this-right-now look from the young female.

"What? Why are you looking at me like I killed someone I wasn't suppose to?" He sat straight in his seat, looking at her the same way she did "Because you did" She put simply, crossing her arms over her chest "What!? I haven't touch a single person since the Hunter Exam!" He quietly yelled at her but the young Zoldyck was no longer paying any attention as she looked to her opposite side looking at her twin.

"If your worried then don't be. Kalluto can handle himself and he seriously won't ever leave you so don't worry so much" Killua reassured her by patting her head "Thanks Killua" She said, letting out a sigh "And besides your favorite brother is here!" He exclaimed with a cheeky grin. As if he had jinxed it a man had showed up beside them "Master Killua your Mother needs you" Gotoh said with his usual stoic expression.

"Huhh?" He asked look at him, annoyed "Tell her to get Milluki instead" He waved him off "Master Milluki is currently rehearsing the organ before they start the wedding and Master Illumi is with your Farther at the moment" He says "Piggy knows how to play that!?" He looked at him surprised and so did Y/n.

In the Zolyck family to be a great assassin means not only being able to fight and wield a weapon but to also be able to match their surroundings at any occasion as in learning how to do various things and playing instruments was the most recommended.