C h a p t e r 2 7

Y/n Zoldyck was born weak.

When her parents found out of her condition they were disappointed that their last child was born too fragile to become an assassin but her grandfather thought different. Since the day she was born he saw something within her that compelled him to train her to be an assassin. At the age of 5 she began training everyday, it was a struggle until when one day Y/n had passed out after running 50 laps around Kukuroo Moutain and that's when Zeno saw them.

"I knew she was being over worked! She's even passed out!" Yin yelled angered that their vessel was in pain "Yin calmed down she'll be alright we just need to let her rest" Yang said "Who are you?" Zeno suddenly asked the two kitsunes "Tch wouldn't you like to know" Yin said curling up beside the unconscious female "Please pardon our rudeness, I am Yang and that is Yin. We are Moon Spirits" Yang explained "And you must be Y/n's grandfather" Yang said "What is your business with my granddaughter?" Zeno asked, curious "We help Y/n using our abilities to make her life more bearable" Yin explained.

"Hmm so it seems that's how she's been able to keep up with the training" Zeno questioned aloud "Yes, that's correct" Yang replied "I hope you both will continue to help her" Zeno said bowing, Yin and Yang both nodded their heads. Zeno decided not to tell Silva or Kikyo of the two kitsunes that live inside her body but instead worked even harder to make her become a capable assassin.

By the age of 6 she was already going on mission and not many months have passed but her assassin name "Tsukiko" was now known world wide. Her name was given to her by the people, although she was an assassin she also helped those she saw that were in trouble making her a savior in most people's eyes.

The name fit her well as people who have seen her said they saw her at night, they described the young girl as small through her shadows so they assumed her to be a child. Some even saw her up close, they say the girl was wearing a black and red kimono with a kitsune mask that covered the upper half of her face.

Three years later the famous Tsukiko disappeared.

---------------------□■□■

After hours of running they finally reach the end on top of the stairs. "This place is called the Milsy Wetlands or Swindler's Swamp" Satotz announced as he said that a beaten up man imerged from the side of the closed tunnel saying he was the true examiner and Satotz was a fake, having said that some people believed the man but all their doubts were put to rest when Hisoka launched a few playing cards towards the man, Satotz, and even Y/n. Unfortunately the beaten up man was not able to catch those cards but Satotz and Y/n caught them with ease.

"The true examiner would have been able to catch those" Hisoka said grinning, at the same time the cards that were thrown at Y/n were thrown right back at him but at an even faster speed. She only stared him in the eyes before turning to looking somewhere else "I will take that as a complement but keep in mind if you do that again you will be disqualified" Satotz said, the grin on his face was still evident "Now make sure to follow close behind me, the creatures that live here can be deceiving" He said beginning to walk again as everyone followed. The farther they went the more thicker the fog became.

Y/n had been following Killua and Gon but she soon lost sight of them now alone she decides to call out Yang figuring it might be faster to catch up with the others "What can I do for you?" Yang asked eagerly awaiting her order as if they were a servant to their master "Sorry for calling you out but could you change to your wolf beast like form so I can catch up with the others" She asked "As you wish" Yang said turning into the form, they were now twice the size of the female "Thanks Yang" She said hopping onto the wolf's back, they then toke off running through the swamp.

"Wait Yang" She suddenly said causing them to stop "I sense Gon and.....Hisoka!" She realized aloud signaling Yang to follow Gon's sent. Once they arrived they saw Hisoka holding Gon in a choke hold "I never really saw you as a person to kill unripe fruit" Y/n said catching Hisoka's attention "Oh~ why hello again Y/n~" Hisoka said still gripping Gon's throat "Let Gon go and I promise I'll fight you after I pass the exam" She said staring straight into his golden eyes "I'll be waiting" He said releasing Gon he then went over to an unconscious Leorio picking him up "You know your way there right?" He asked "Yeah" Gon said in between coughs, he then smiled beginning to walk away.

"Y/n, Gon-!" Kurapika shouted then stopped when faced infront of the wolf beast "W-woah what is that?" He asked frightened "Well I guess there's no use in hiding it now" Gon said "Kurapika meet Yang, Yang meet Kurapika. Yang is my companion" She explained, Yang went up to him and softly nuzzled their snout into his should signaling that they wouldn't  harm him. At first he was startled but then he calmed down stroking underneath their chin "Now we should probably get to the second phase before we're left behind" Y/n spoke.

Since Gon had a good sense of smell he used Leorio's cologne's scent to find the end of Swindler's Swamp "I thought you weren't going to make it" Killua said approaching them, Gon scratched the back of his head smiling then he realized "Hey where's Leorio?" He asked, they looked around finding him still passed out leaning on a tree "Found him" Y/n pointed towards him.

"Wait where's Yang?" Gon suddenly asked "Y/n how does Gon know about Yang?" Killua asked confused remembering the time they had told him and his siblings not to tell anyone,  she then froze "How do you know about Yang?" She asked even more confused.

It seems there was something Yin and Yang weren't telling them.