C h a p t e r 2 5

"You think he's gonna catch it?" Keres asked aloud looking at Gon waiting on top of the tall tree waiting "No" Silas and Shoe said in unison "He'll catch it" Y/n said closing her eyes "How come?" Keres asked looking at the female "Look" She said making them look at Gon and not a few seconds later he had caught the fish as it was flung into the air. Many people gathered around in disbelief and amazement but there also was a worried Aunt Mito.

Gon then raced back to the house packing his things when Aunt Mito appeared at the wooden frame of his door with Y/n beside her "Can I go with Gon?" She asked looking at Aunt Mito "I don't know Y/n it might be too dangerous" Mito said worriedly "It'll be okay, I'll make sure she's fine" Gon said now putting on his backpack, she hesitated a bit before nodding her head. Y/n then got ready herself, she put on jean overall shorts with a black shirt underneath matching it with black combat boots, she but her hair in a loose ponytail.

"Y/n your really going to take the Hunter Exam!?" Keres exclaimed hugging her waist as if to stop her from going "Yes I will" She answered trying to reach for the front door until two more pairs of arms wrapped around her "Just stay safe alright?" Silas said hugging her from the front "Don't die okay?" Shoe said hugging her back "We'll be here when you get back, you should probably get going before the ship leaves without you" Silas said now trying to pry Keres off of her waist as well as Shoe.

When she was finally free she bid her last good-byes to Aunt Mito and Grandma before running after Gon who was already onboard "I thought you weren't going to make it" Gon said, she playfully smacks the back of his head as the ship began to depart from the dock. Gon started to wave good-bye to the people on the island "I'll become the best hunter in the world!" Gon shouted, once he said that people aboard started to make insults towards him but he didn't mind but Y/n did. If Gon wasn't there she would have punched all their faces in.

Only a few minutes on the ship Gon predicted that there would be a big storm ahead and he was right thick black clouds began to form. The ship began to thrash around roughly making the passengers and crew mates move continuously around the inside of the ship. When the waves have calmed down a little the captain went to check on the passengers on the ship, while most of the people were wasted there were only four people who remained undisturbed.

"So what's your names?" He asked the four of them "I'm Gon, Gon Freecs!" Gon said with his usual happy mood "Y/n" She said "No last name?" He lifted one of his eyebrows "No" She scratched the back of her head nervously "Kurapika" The blond haired male who some what looks like a girl said "The name's Leorio" The man with black hair wearing a suit said "Now tell me why do you want to become hunters?" He suddenly asked "We don't have to tell you anything!" Leorio said "Well I'll tell you, My dad's a Hunter and being a Hunter to him was very important and I wanna know why so that's why I left Whale Island!" Gon answered "Hey kid you didn't have to tell him anything" Leorio said to Gon "And that's why I'm not going to tell him why I'm here" He declared "I'll have to agree with him as well" Kurapika said.

"Well I don't really think you'll lose or gain anything from answering his question so why not? I want to become a hunter because I want to explore the world. Ofcourse I can do that right now but what will I do once I've seen it all? So when I become a hunter I want to explore those areas that only they can see" Y/n said "You too!?" Leorio exclaimed. After Leorio and Kurapika had refused to answer his question he had told them that the Hunter Exam had already started and that's when they said their reasons.

"I am the last survivor of the Kurta Clan. A group had killed everyone so that's why I want to become a hunter, I want to capture the Phantom Troupe" Kurapika said, although everyone's attention was on him his eyes had flashed scarlett red for a second and only Y/n had noticed. '....The Phantom Troupe........scarlett....eyes....oh no....!' She had come to a realization, their group name was only mentioned once in front of her but she remembered once it was said again. She connected the dots and realized that the people she had considered her second family had killed this man's clan and even gifted her a pair of their eyes. A large pit in her stomach began to form, an uneasy feeling washed over her. She knew they did things like killing and stealing but for some reason she felt sorrow for him.

Leorio then gave his reason that he wanted to become a hunter because of the money, his answer soon turned into an argument between him and Kurapika. They then began to settle their differences outside when the ship was thrashing around because of the strong currents the storm was making, every second the storm started to get more worse as a man was almost thrown overboard Leorio and Kurapika tried to grab him but missed and when they thought they had failed, on instinct both Gon and Y/n leaped over to catch him. Y/n managed to grab both his hands as Gon caught her angles as Leorio and Kurapika held Gon's.

After the storm was gone the man thanked them both for saving him and at the same time Leorio and Kurapika solved their argument. They all passed the test the Captain had set saying that he'd make sure that he'd drop them of on the port nearest to the Hunter Exam.

The beginning of their adventure had just begun.