Moving On

You and May would leave Lavaridge a few hours after the battle had concluded. Unsurprisingly, you had beaten Flannery easily. It wasn't that she didn't have what it took, it was just surprising how easily she was able to be taken down. May didn't seem to note it as much. Regardless, you both moved on towards Route 111 and up towards Route 113. May was happy with her results of the battle, you, however, not so much. You were able to get more power and better battles from random battlers than gym leaders.

It may have been harsh, but it was true in your mind. You guys continued to move on up, walking through the environment. As you guys moved through, you still felt the thoughts of the relationship. You looked at May, seeing her move ahead of you. While you guys had great chemistry with each other, you were still worried about if this relationship could last. May could see the look on your face and stopped herself.

May: What's up?

(Y/N): Pardon?

May: You have a look of worry.

(Y/N): Geez, aren't you a writer.

May: Hey. Don't mock me like that. What's up?

May took your hand in hers. You sighed and pulled her a bit closer to you. She smiled as you both walked down the lane of Route 113. However, as you did, you could tell something was up. Either with the route, May, the two, or the atmosphere. You peered down at May and raised an eyebrow.

(Y/N): So...

May: Yeah?

(Y/N): It seems to me that there is something wrong with this picture.

May: What do you mean?

(Y/N): I don't know. I just had an odd feeling about all of this right now.

May: Well, to me, you are the one acting rather odd. You seem distant. Is...is everything ok?

(Y/N): Yeah. For the most part.

May stepped up and got in your path. She looked you in the eyes, almost giving you a sharp glare. You sighed a little and backed off, unsure of what she could or would do. Little fun fact about May, when it came to information gathering, she was damn good at it. No matter what it was or who it would be on. Which is something that utterly terrified you to the core.

May looked you in the eye some more, almost like she was sending knives your way. You glanced away a little, trying to break eye contact with her. She raised an eyebrow against you which caused you to increase your grip strength against your own arm.

May: (Y/N). What is it? You can tell me.

(Y/N): Oh, I know I can. It's your method that terrifies me though.

May: Oh..he. Not sorry.

(Y/N): Thanks.

You pushed past her, trying to get out of that topic of conversation. May quickly ran after you, trying her best to catch up.

May: I'm serious. What is it? I can help out you know!

(Y/N): I...I'm just worried about us is all.

May: What about us? Like, US us or our well-being?

(Y/N): The first one.

May was slightly taken aback by the statement. You just pushed forward, choosing not to really worry about it. However, that didn't stop May. She ran up to you and stood right in your path, arms spread wide. You stopped yourself as you saw her do this. You sighed a little before rubbing the back of your neck.

(Y/N): Listen. Just forget I said anything. Let's just go on.

May: What do you mean? Why are you worried about us? What did I do?

(Y/N): Nothing!

May: Then what is it?

(Y/N): I'm...worried. Worried about this right here. Arguing, endgame, what if we mess up? Then what? And...look at us. We are only 11. What if we are too young to be doing this at all? I just don't want us to walk into this and get screwed over. Not by you and not by the world at large. I just...I just can't do that May. Not to you or myself. I refuse to.

May looked at you, frankly a little stunned. She had no idea where the hell that came from. She smiled at you and walked up to you. She cupped your cheeks in her hand, smiling warmly at you. Your eyes glanced away, choosing to not look her in the eye. She forced your head to make you look her in the eye. She gave you a smile and pulled you down in for a hug, pecking your cheek while pulling you in.

May: (Whispering) Don't worry about it. Just worry about winning the battles.

(Y/N): But if I don't worry about you-

May: (Y/N), I like you. A lot. And...

(Y/N): I'm just...I'm worried that I may say or do something that could ruin us and-

May: There is nothing to worry about.

May hugged you tighter. Both of your partners emerged as well and hugged your legs, forming a strong group hug. You glanced down and saw them. Both Marshtomp and Combusken offered smiles to you. You turned to them and smiled back. You let May pull back from you and she smiled wide again.

May: Now then, are you feeling slightly better?

(Y/N): Slightly is the keyword there.

May: Good. Are we ready to keep going?

(Y/N): Don't talk to me like I'm a child.

May giggled a little as she grabbed your hand and began to walk down the route.

May: Now, come on. We are almost to Fallarbar Town. It's small but it a nice mountain town.

You nodded and follow her. While the positive reinforcement was nice, it was still wasn't enough to stop yourself. But that would come later. For now, you had some mountains and hills to move through.

The walk down the hills wasn't nearly as bad. Of course, granted going downhill is always easier than going up, especially now that some of your supplies were now gone thanks to the meals you had. Plus with the added help of your pokemon, this would be easy. It was getting over the next couple of mountains that were going to be a pain. Well, that was the initial thought process but hey, it would be alright..right...maybe...

Rinse and repeat the same process over the next three days as you guys went up and down the mountains over and over again. It was a slow burn but it wasn't terrible. Especially since you went ahead and got started early so now it would be more ground to cover in a single day. Still though, as you guys continued to walk through the realm of the mountains of Honen, the thoughts of doubt still hit you.

You didn't want it to. It just did. While May's words reassured you to no end, there were still those seeds of doubts hitting you. You sighed and let the emotion still hit you like no tomorrow. Still, you were strong about things. You could persist. But that wasn't the fear in question. You didn't have much of saying here anymore. All you could do is embrace it. But for now, those fears had to die out and quickly.

It wouldn't matter though, you and May arrived at the peak of the final mountain around dusk. Once there, you guys should come across Fallarbar town. And one there, you guys could get some rest and you could think things over. Whether this would be a good or bad thing would have yet to be seen. But it really didn't help your mental state. Then again, in this context, what would help your mental state more than your girlfriend and your pokemon.

One could only see.