——————-

They now know everything- not quite everything, just the majorities.

I told them about how I made the deal with Rico and how we met only once since then.

I wasn't lying to them but I wasn't also telling them the entire story.

Honestly it wasn't all the stories that should be shared, some were never to be mentioned again.

"So today you went for a mission with him?"

"An occasion, that's why I'm on this dress." I answered Rowan question only to be shot by another question from Ace.

"To find the man that killed his mother?" I hummed as a reply.

"He didn't tell you to get him any drugs did he?" Ace asked curiously.
"No...Today's the first day he gave me a task." I replied.

"Thank God." He sighed in relief. 

"One thing you need to have in mind is to never get him anything you know would land you in prison." Ace added.

"Like drugs and stuff?" I anxiously asked

"Exactly, shit like drugs, counterfeit... Trust me I've worked with him for several months I know how he is..." Ace alarmed

"How is he then?" I anxiously asked.

"Rico is a very manipulative person. He tells people to get him things, things he knows he could never get himself.... If your keen, you see that he mostly wears gloves when it came to touching anything that could be used as an evidence against him. Take it as drugs or any other shit that's illegal, he's never stupid when it came to covering up his steps."

"But the moment a single mistake occurs and the officials are involved, he changes everything. There wouldn't be a single trace of him, it would be like his whole existence didn't even take place. But eventually he would always come back at the most unexpected times." Ace continued.

"Damn. He's that dangerous?" Rowan ironically asked.

"That's not all. I also think he might be a mafia group called the 'Black Bloods'  so that speaks for itself.." Ace added.

"Black bloods ?" Rowan asked doubtfully.

"I think this Rico conversation should end here. It's almost past twelve, aren't you guys tired?" I said, not because I was tired but because I hated listening to all the bad sides that Rico had  purchased.

I was trying my best not to be scared of him, and the things he made me do. But hearing Ace describe him made me see Rico as nothing but danger and that wasn't what I tried to image him as because the more I feared him, the easier it would be for him to get under my skin.

"I guess your right, it's getting pretty late." Rowan said.

"Don't feel like you're alone in all this, we are a family and we fight our problems together." Ace said before they both walked up the stairs.

Almost immediately my phone buzzed in the blazer pocket, it was an unknown number.

It took quite a few seconds before I decided to answer the call.

"Hello?"I asked.

"Is this Darcy?" The person questioned.
"It is... would you mind telling me who this is?" I asked with a strained voice.

"Diego."

"Oh, I wasn't expecting you to be calling now.." my mind slightly calmed down a bit.
"I wanted to call earlier but I didn't know what to say." He admitted.

"A simple 'hey' would do." I said jokingly.
"And then what? We talk about politics?" He asked sarcastically.

"We could. It's actually an interesting topic you know." I said with a giggle.

"I didn't call to talk about politics." He chuckled under his breath.

"What else could be more important?" I teased.

"Are you free tomorrow?" He nervously asked.

"Ohh Mr.charming wants to take me on a date." I jokingly said.

"I wouldn't say it's a date-" He said.

"I already have plans Romeo." I interrupted him.

"That's fine, maybe some other day."
There was a hint of disappointment in his tone, but it sounded like he was trying his best not to show it.

"I'm going to the amusement park tomorrow, I would be glad if you came." I informed.

"Really?" He asked

"Yes, it would just be me and my siblings." I responded.
"Well then, I would love to join." He said

"It's settled then, it's a date." I said playfully and he replied hesitantly.

"It is?" He asked.

"Is it not?" I asked and he chuckled at my statement.

"Let's wait and see how tomorrow turns out." He said.

"See you tomorrow then." I hung up.

Thanks for reading ❤️