37

Anna's POV
"Morning pretty girl." I mumbled.

"Why is your voice so low?" She asked me and I laughed.

"That's called a morning voice. You've never heard of it because usually I'm the first one awake." I said stretching.

"Oh... low voice." She muttered.

"Did it disturb you?" I asked her.

"Oh no. I just find that really cool." She said and I smiled.

I kissed the top of her head before getting up and making breakfast.

"Anna?" Hazel called out coming into the living room.

"Yeah what's up." I said cooking hash browns.

"If you can't draw a straight line would that make you gay?" She said and I froze trying to hide my laugh.

"No... drawing doesn't do anything with sexuality." I said sitting next to her and giving her a plate of food.

"Oh but people say they can't draw a straight line because they are gay." She said and I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"That's just a joke. Straight is like the opposite gender. Now being gay is linking either the same gender, multiple people, or just people, it can also say your gender. Like I'm she/her and you are probably are she/her but you can change it if you want." I said and she started to understand.

"Have you ever dated a girl?" She asked me and I nodded.

"What's it like?" She mumbled and I looked at her.

Fruity...

"Well I can't tell you that. If you wanna find out what it's like dating a girl then you gotta do that your own." I said and she looked at me.

"Can I date you?" I froze and held in a laugh by coughing.

"Hazy you gotta like get to know them more." I mumbled.

"But I do know you. Your favorite animal is Pluto, you don't have a favorite color but it's most likely white, hoodies are your favorite, you do thirst traps on tiktok that gets like millions of view-" I cut her off by coughing.

"You found my tiktok?" I spat out.

"Yeah. Your really famous. 12 million and more is like a lot of followers. You get nearly over a million view on each videos it's insane." She said and I smiled.

"See I do know you." She said and I laughed.

"I mean you have to have feelings. Like love feelings. Like a crush." I said.

"CRUSH?! WHY WOULD I CRUSH SOMEONE!" She yelled being alarmed.

"No hazy I mean like you like like someone." I said and she was still confused.

"Like love?" I mumbled.

"What's love." She said playing with her fingers.

"When your deeply about someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with. And you guys connect and-" she cut me off.

"I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." She said and I was really happy when she said that.

"So does that mean I love you?" She said.

"Uh... well. I mean like you gotta be in love. Like deeply in love." I said and she frowned.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm still not understanding..." she mumbled and I sighed.

"Here... read this. And when you finish it you'll get it." I said giving her a book of Romeo and Juliet.

"Oh okay." She said opening the book.

I sat on my phone and eventually fell asleep again.

~~~~~~

"HEY BITCHES!!" We heard seeing Emma.

"Oh hi." Hazel said and I rubbed my eyes waking up.

"I finished the book." Hazel said giving it back to me.

"I guess I'm straight." She said and everyone looked at her.

"I mean Romeo and Juliet is a straight book. That means I'm straight right?" She said and I laughed.

"No sweetie I gave you the book to understand what love was. How they were deeply in love to the point where they would forget everything else except looking forward to the future and being together." I said.

"Anna they can't do that. They are dead." She said and that flatten the mood.

"Oh well but still. They killed themself to be with each other I guess." I mumbled still waking up.

"So do I have to kill myself to fall in love?" She said and I groaned.

"NO DONT DO THAT." I yelled realizing what she said.

"Oh..." she muttered.

I looked at her and she was looking down. She really was having a hard time understanding.

"Hey look at me Hazel. this is Cooper my boyfriend." Sab said giving Hazel a photo of Cooper.

"We are in love. Which means we care for each other and we wouldn't leave each other as long as both are determined to be together and not being able to abandon each other." Sab said and that was a way to put it.

Hazel stared at Sab and I think something must have happened. Tears started to pour out of Hazel's eyes.

She ran back into the bedroom and Sab looked at me.

"I didn't mean to do anything..." Sab mumbled.

"No it's not you. You said the word abandon. That's all the word Hazel used when her "foster parents" abandoned her. Which means she thinks that they didn't love her." I said getting up.

I walked into the bedroom to see Hazel curdled up into a ball crying.

"Hazy... look at me. Fuck them alright? You got me. Right? I promise I'm not gonna leave you." I said and she looked at me.

She pulled out a pinky and I smiled. We interlocked our pinkies and she smiled.

"I'm sorry I ran out like that. That was really rude of me." She said and I shook my head no.

"It's okay.. why don't we all go to canes. And get some food." I said and she nodded.

A/n