8

This story takes place in 2023 cause it will make more sense.

Hazel's Pov
I hid under the tables. Foster parents are hard to deal with...

"Get back here you piece of shit!" They yelled and I covered my head sucking my breath in so they couldn't hear me.

The table cloth that was hiding me lifted and I was dragged by my hair.

"No! Im sorry! Please!" I yelled as they dragged me in front of the tv in the living room.

"Your a fucking slut you know that?!" And I felt another belt down my back.

"Stop please! It hurts!" I sobbed.

"Do I look like I fucking care?! When I say something fucking do it!" He yelled.

"Hazy... hey Hazy wake up." I felt something pull me out.

I woke up to seeing Anna who was worried. She caressed my face trying to calm me down has I was hyperventilating. I was shaking and I brought my arms to my head.

"Please don't hurt me!" I yelled and she was taken back.

"Hey stop... look at me." Her voice was soothing and I peeked my head out from my knees.

"I'm not gonna hurt you Hazy. I promise I won't." She whispered.

"Calm down... take deep breaths..." she said and I couldn't.

She forced my legs down with some slight pressure and I felt her wrap her arms around my waist.

I whimpered when she touched my back. She laid me back down and I just sobbed.

I know I'm gonna get annoying to Anna and I know she's gonna hate me. Everyone hates me for some reason I just seemed to never have good luck.

"Hey.. deep breaths follow my breathing." Anna whispered.

She laid my head down on her chest making me move. I didn't want to crush her...

"Come back." She said and I shook my head.

"I'm gonna crush you I don't wanna do that to you." I mumbled.

"Hazy your not gonna crush me... just come here and get comfortable." She said and I laid my head on her arm.

"There you go... it's okay." She whispered kissing the side of my head.

Her fingers traced a jawline I had. She drew shapes on my neck and I felt uncomfortable.

"Hazy deep breaths... go back to sleep." She said and her voice was soothing with the accent she had.

~~~~~

"Anna where are we?" I said as she brought me inside of a building.

"This person is gonna ask you some questions alright? Just answer the ones that you can answer." She said and I felt uncomfortable.

"Why? Cant we just to home?" I said looking down.

"Because... this is gonna help you alright. There is no pressure I promise but I'm not able to be in the same room as you. So I will be out here waiting for you." She said and I felt an unsteadiness and I hated it here.

"Miss Alvarez?" We heard.

"You'll be okay. We can get ice cream after." She said kissing the top of my head.

The girl brought me into a room she sat me down and sat across from me opening a file.

"I am your DHHS agent. Which means I will be filing your case for custody." She said and I gulped.

"C-custody..." I mumbled.

"Miss Shumate is gonna take custody of you. Are you being okay with this process." She asked me.

"What's custody..." I mumbled.

"Legal guardian?" She said.

"So she's gonna be a body guard?" I asked her and she laughed.

I stayed quiet. I hate when people laugh because I don't know what things are.

"No sweetie she will be your parent like person. The person who as insurance and will take care of you until your 18. Once your will no longer be under her care." She said and I looked down.

"I'm sorry do you know what my age is?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"Wow... okay... when's your exact birthday?" She asked me.

"Uhm April 14 2005." I said.

"So you are 16 years old. About to turn 17... and you don't know what custody means." She said and I took that as an insult.

"I don't want to be here anymore." I said.

"We will be done in a few minutes just please answer these questions truthfully." She said and I sighed nodding.

If I was told to do something I would do it immediately. I don't want anymore violence against me and I don't wanna get hurt again.

"We're you domestically abused by multiple foster homes?" She asked em.

"Domestically abused?" I asked her.

"Physically abused. Meaning someone harmed you really bad." She said and it quietly nodded.

"Have you been sexually active?" She asked me.

"As in... having sex?" I mumbled and she nodded.

"No ma'am." I said and she nodded.

"How do you feel with having Miss Shumate around?" She asked me.

"Miss Shumate?" I mumbled.

"Anna's surname. Anna Shumate." She said.

"I like her a lot. She's really nice. And I feel really safe." I said and she smiled.

She kept asking me questions and I really didn't feel comfortable but j survived through it and when I got out Anna took me for ice cream.

"So Eva and the girls want to take you shopping and to go get lunch. I have to... uhm work." She said and I was confused.

"Work? You have to work?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Okay... but will you be back?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Of course I'll meet with you and the girls at the mall." She said and I smiled.

"Okay."