2

Hazel's Pov
I looked around. There was a building with a big thrift store sign... I walked in and a man looked at me.

"Excuse me young lady you are not allowed to be in here." He said and I instantly got quiet.

I was about to walk out after turn around and leave like I was told when I heard a woman's voice.

"Sweetheart... your back..." she whispered as she got closer to me.

I scooted back and she looked straight in my eyes. I hated eye contact. I could never hold it. And my foster parents explained to me that I was well... pathetic I couldn't hold it.

"How much money do you have on you right now?" She asked me in a soft tone.

Almost as if she was the most kindest person in the world.

"I-I gave it all... to a homeless man.." I mumbled and she smiled.

"Here take a coat... you will need it. It's really cold." She said and I smiled as she gave me a coat.

"Thank you..." I said and I looked outside to see Scott's car driving down.

I ducked behind a clothes rack and waited for them to pass.

"Bye!" I said leaving as I heard her say goodbye.

I continuously walked wherever I can go. I started to wander around and manage to find myself on a seemingly fast moving train?

No... this is a subway. I got on it because I had nowhere else to go. I laid on to sleep and I used the coat to cover my body. I woke up after the longest sleep I've ever had.... 4 hours. I looked at the time and the subway came to a stop.

I got off and stumbled around in the dark. I found a nearby downtown area. I laid on a bench and it was really cold.

"I just need a break to gain a little energy..." I whispered before I felt myself dozing off.

Anna's Pov
Late night walks are the best. Me and Pluto were walking when all the sudden he got off his leash.

"Pluto! Cmon man." I said chasing after him when he came to an abrupt stop.

He stopped in front of a bench. I looked closer and is that a person? Specifically a girl...

Pluto started licking her face as she awoken.

"Pluto stop... hey." I said crouching down.

When she looked at me she sat up with a wince.

"I-Im sorry is this your bench?" She asked me and I just stared at her.

She had a scar just above her eyebrow and a cut on the side of her head directly across her eye.

She looks like she's been choked because the bruises on her neck ringed around the sides.

"How old are you?" I asked her and she looked at me with no intentions on saying the answer.

"Where are your parents?" I asked her.

"Oh I don't know... I just ran away..." she said and I could tell she looked scared.

She didn't look me in the eyes and the way she positioned her body didn't look great. Her wrists had a dark blue and purple ring around it. It was the same on her other wrist.

"Why don't you stay at my place? For the night. It's quite cold out here." I said and she looked at me.

She walked with me and my house wasn't far. It had an extra bedroom so she could sleep in.

I unlocked the front door and let Pluto go first. She waited for me to go first.

"Cmon... it's okay." She started to walk in and I could feel the tremble she had when she walked passed me.

She was barefooted. Barely any warm clothes. No money. No place to stay.

"You can sleep here. It's not as comfy but I'm sure you can get a better rest than a bench." I said and she nodded.

I was gonna get her some clothes she could sleep in but when I came back she was curled up under the covers and sounded asleep.

She actually looked about Eva's height so I wonder if Eva's clothes could fit her? Eva leaves a lot of clothes here because she comes visit nearly everyday.

I got some of her clothes and rested it on the end of the bed and felt myself tired for sleep.

~~~~~~

I woke up. When my senses came to my head and I actually woke up I stretched. I did my daily thing I do every morning.

I walked passed the closed extra bedroom. I had forgotten about the girl and I opened it to see her waking up.

"Good morning." I said and she looked at me.

"Uhm... h-hi." She mumbled.

"No need to be afraid... you want breakfast?" I asked her.

"Uh sure..." she said with a little of scared in her voice of tone.

"Come here in the kitchen. I can make you some coffee." I said.