1

⚠️PLEASE READ⚠️

Before we get into this book. Triggers are probably gonna be in most of the chapters. Contains mentions of abuse mentally and physically and the effects afterwards. Flashbacks of physical violence. As well as alcoholics and drug addicts.

I actually don't know if this plot is actually legally but we're just gonna pretend that it is.

Basically where Anna finds Hazel and takes her in has her guardian. So adopted in a way where it was only a year because after she's 18 she's allowed to be off on her own. While in the taking care until 18 Anna falls in love with Hazel and tells her that she would wait for her until she is 18. I'm not gonna get into too much details but if you are not comfortable with this that is fine but you should check out my other books.

I'm sorry if I didn't make sense it's kinda hard describing this book.

Hazel's Pov
My eyes follow the cameras around the house. There's one in every room except two in the living room and kitchen. There's even one in the bathroom...

I walk out of attic that leads to the living room almost immediately with a following hallway.

"You missed breakfast." Scott said and I looked at him.

"I still get food?" I asked him and he scoffed.

"No. I said you missed breakfast. Now scat I don't wanna see your fucking face." He said and I looked over at the dining table.

I've been starving for food ever since yesterday morning. I was only allowed a bottled of water a day.

There was a few pieces of bacon left. I looked at Scott who was too busy cleaning. I took a few pieces of the bacon and ran to hide in my attic. The attic was a small room just enough to lay down and that was it.

I crawled up in a small space on my blanket. I ate a few pieces of bacon before hiding the rest in a container behind a piece of wood. I'll eat it later...

I heard a bang on the door as I opened it. I saw Jane standing there... Scott's wife. She was crueler than Scott.

"Get your ass out. You know the fucking rules." She said as I climbed out.

My body was about 5'3. Short I know. But it was easy for me to climb in and out of the attic just fast enough before they could reach me.

"Get your online school done and than clean the toilets of the bathroom." She said and I nodded as she gave me a computer.

The computer was monitored by Scott's work computer. I wasn't allowed to play games or use google to help me.

I sat down on the table and started with Stats. Moving on with all the other subjects I was getting tired. With my body so cramped up I've barely been able to get any sleep at all.

I rested my head on my computer and felt my eyes drift away.

~~~~~

I woke up to a glass bottle being shattered right by my head. I closed my eyes tightly waiting for the pain to whatever cut me.

It cut the side of my eye just barely. The cut wasn't deep but I was still bleeding.

"You gonna fucking fall asleep in our house. Well you can just take another hit!" Scott yelled as he dragged me by my shirt.

Mention to my clothes. I was only allowed to wear a set of clothes each week. And I had to do the laundry so I mixed it in with theirs.

Showers are to be earned for. The same goes with almost everything else... nicer clothes, extra food, bandages, shampoo and conditioner. They were strict but I at least had a place to live.

"You fucking bitch." And that's when I felt a cord on my back.

They used cords of androids or whatever they could find. Belts, cords, hangers, anything...

Scott and Jane were foster people. My last foster parents had given me to them. I had been down a line of foster parents and to say the least they could was bring me food.

By now there was a bleeding mark that was soaking in with the shirt.

"Fucking whore." He said has he stood in front of me.

He raised my chin as I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for that hit he would give me. And it came with a hard slap.

~~~~~

"Make a break for it... make a break for it..." I whispered.

I was cleaning the dining table. Scott and Jane was watching tv. Every month someone would bring presents to them. I expected someone close to them.

I had been waiting for the right moment to just dart out of the house. When the time came the two people walked in. The door was free and my foster parents weren't looking.

I darted right out the house. I could hear yelling behind me as I ran. I was in shorts and a t-shirt and with it being February still cold as fuck I kept running. Barefooted... no food... i only had about a dollar and 47 cents from the pockets of laundry clothes.

I kept running. I ran out of breath and hid behind a store. I saw my foster parents car go down the road looking for me.

My back leaned against the brick as I winced. Right... blood.

"Excuse me?" I heard seeing a man beside me.

"Would you spare some change..?" He asked me.

"I-I'm sorry I only have 1 dollar 47 cents... but you need it more than I do..." I said putting the change in his tin can.

"Thank you young lady... I wish good things for you to come my dear." He said and I smiled.

I almost forget what's it like being outside. I haven't been outside because the cameras. I once did go outside and was beat for stepping onto the grass.

I saw little brown things in the ground... I don't even know what half these things are. I picked it up and it was prickly with many layers. I smelled it and it didn't really have a smell has good as I thought.

I kept it with me. It was about the size of my hand as I smiled.

"Maybe someone could tell me what this is..." I whispered as I set forward on my journey to find a place to stay for the night.

A/n

Hazel Alvarez ^^

Hazel Alvarez ^^

I have dyslexia so if the words are sentences don't look right don't come at me... or correct me because I'm just gonna ignore you.g