Chapter 77

𝗦𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗮 𝗖𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

I'm now going to school then suddenly I received a text from my teacher.

From: Ms. Castro

Good morning, Miss Araneta. Can you please drop by to Mr. Liam David Martinez's house, her teacher is already complaining and wondering why he isn't going to school for almost a week now.

What? Ako? Bakit ako?

To: Ms. Castro

Hello good morning as well, Miss. Sorry to say but I don't know where he resides.

From: Ms. Castro

Oh really? I thought you know where he lives since I have seen you seen you together for quite awhile.

To: Ms. Castro

Oh no, we're not in a relationship if that's what you're thinking, miss. We're not even friends, I think I can just drop by, just send me the address.

From: Ms. Castro

Okay thanks miss Pres!

I didn't reply to her since I don't have something to ask or say, she sent me Liam's address so I told my driver to go their first. When we arrived, I get out of the car as I pressed their door bell. Their house is huge and it's beautiful. No one responded so I pressed the door bell again and finally, someone gets out of the house and approached me.

I smiled, "Hello po, is Liam inside?" I asked.

"Ah wala po si sir Liam dito ma'am, Nasa hospital po." She replied.

"Oh, why what happened?" I asked, wondering.

"Yung mama niya po na-hospital." She said.

"Oh, if you don't mind me asking, saan' hospital po and also what's his mother's name too? I really need to talk to him, it's about his studies in Ateneo." I informed her.

"Sa St. Luke Medical Center po, ma'am at si Ma'am Alice Martinez po." She responded.

I nodded, "Thank you po, I need to go.." I said as I smiled, I entered the car as the driver drove off.

To:, Ms. Castro

Miss, I'll be late for the class but I'll catch up as much as possible. Lism is not in their house and I'm heading to where he is right now.

From: Ms. Castro

Okay, thank you tine. Take care!

I turned off my phone after I received her reply, I told my driver to go to St. Luke Hospital in Quezon City, when we arrived at the hospital, I immediately went to the nurse station to ask for Liam's mother's room number.

"Hi good morning, can I please know Mrs. Alice Martinez's room number, please?" I asked politely.

"Good morning ma'am, room 317, 4th floor po." The nurse replied, I smiled as I nodded, I saw the people looking at me and some are asking me to take a picture with them. I need to hurry but I don't have a choice but to agree with them. After the photo session, my driver and I went inside the elevator, when we reached 4th floor of the hospital, we get out of the elevator as we search for room 317.

When we found it, I knocked first and a girl was the one who opened the door.

"Oh my god." She exclaimed.

"Y-you're S-Samantha Celestine Marcos Araneta, right?" She asked stuttering as I nodded.

"Kate sino ba yung-Celestine?" Liam exclaimed in so much surprise.

"A-ah hi.." I replied as I smiled awkwardly.

"Mom, kuya's girlfriend is here!" the girl exclaimed.

"Huy!" Liam complained.

"Pasok ka, pasok.." Liam invited me as I entered the room, I saw his mom laying down on the hospital bed, pale and weak. I went near to her so I could greet her.

"Hello po, I'm Celestine Araneta." I introduced respectively.

"M-Marcos-Araneta?" Liam's mom said as she looked at me in the eye, she held my hand which surprised me, I smiled at her awkwardly and gaze to Liam.

"I'm sorry, I apologize for what my husband did." Mrs. Martinez uttered, I literally don't have an idea on what she's talking about, I don't know something about Liam family being connected to us.

"I-I don't have an idea po on what you're talking about.." I said confusedly.

"A-ah, my husband has done so many things to your parents and to your family because they're rivalries in business, please tell your mom and dad that I sincerely apologize for what my husband caused you all." Mrs. Martinez said sincerely as I bowed my head, I was really confused, I don't know what to react because what they did to my family is I think a serious thing but at the same time, hindi naman dapat ako magalit sakanya kasi hindi naman siya yung may kasalanan.

I held her hand as I manage to smile, "Makakarating po, magpagaling po kayo ah.." I uttered, she nodded as her tears escaped in her eyes. I leave her so she could rest. I invited Liam to go outside.

"What brings you here?" He asked.

"I just want to inform you that you're adviser is wondering where on the earth you are. I also want to say na nakalimutan mo atang magpadala ng excuse letter. Liam, you should attend your class tomorrow, marami kanang namimiss na lessons. Tell your adviser why you didn't able to attend your class for almost a week. Wag mong papabayaan yung pag-aaral mo." I told him.

"Okay thanks, papasok ako bukas, hindi ako makakapasok ngayon kasi maghahanap pa ako ng matutuluyan namin." He told me.

"I can help you with that, duon lang muna kayo sa inuupahan kong apartment sa tapat ng Ateneo, para hindi kana mahirapan sa pagpasok mo. I already paid for it, sayang din kung walang titira since my parents are not allowing me to live alone." I offered.

"Wag na, Celestine. Nakakahiya." He replied.

"Dios mio porfavor, sa tagal na nating magkakilala at sa tagal mo narin akong inaasar, ngayon kapa mahihiya?" I said, jokingly.

He chuckles, "Take it Liam, para hindi na din mahirapan yung mommy mo and if you don't mind, ba't pala kayo naghahanap ng matutuluyan eh may bahay naman kayo? I went there earlier, it's huge huh." I said.

"Tsk, long story. Ayokong makasama sa isang bubong yung gago kong tatay. Baka ano pa magawa ko sakanya, manigas siya dun, mabuhay siya mag-isa niya. Hindi na namin siya kailangan, my mom, sister and I has our own money, we can provide the food and things we want." he said as he looked at me.

"Oh sorry, okay punta nalang kayo doon, malinis na din dun." I told him as I handed him the keys of my apartment.

"Maraming Salamat ah, malaking tulong 'to.." He uttered as he hug me.

I tapped his back, "You're welcome, papasok ka bukas ah?" I said.

"Yes Ms. Pres!" He exclaimed as he smiled at me.

"I need to go, late na ako" I said as I chuckled.

"Sige, ingat ka. Salamat ulit!" He remarked, my driver and I drove off to school. I informed Liam's adviser about what happened and thankfully she understand it. Hindi na siya mahihirapan sa pagpapaliwanag bukas.

To be continue...

Sorry for the wrong grammars and misspelled words.