Chapter 44

𝗜𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀-𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

The dinner is about to start few minutes from now. My students are still performing so I just focused to them because I'm frustrated, I'm confused but I know myself, hinding-hindi ko kayang magalit at mag tampo kay Isabelle. Nagiging marupok ako pag siya yung pinag-uusapan.

I already assumed that Isabelle won't be coming here tonight to celebrate my birthday. I won't deny that it somehow made my heart shattered. I was looking forward for this day because I thought she'll be coming and we'll see each other again but I was wrong. My tears are starting to form in my eyes, I was secretly wiping it because I don't want anyone to notice my tears.

We're sitting on the very first table here in the restaurant. I was in the middle of Greggy and Manang.

Someone kissed my cheeks and I looked at my with so much surprise in my eyes to find out who just kissed my cheeks. I was expecting that it was Manang because she was the one sitting beside me earlier.

When I looked at my side, I was surprised with who I just saw. It was the lady I've been waiting for kanina pa.

My eyes widened as my tears starts to flow through my cheeks. I immediately give a her a tight hugged.

I sobbed "I thought you can't make it.." I whispers.

"I've been waiting for you, kanina pa.." I added.

"Sorry if I'm late tita and you know I won't missed this for life!" She replied.

"You know I missed you!" I said as I kissed her forehead.

"Aw, I missed you more tita!" She replied.

"Wow seems like Ms. Irene's special guest has arrived, we've been waiting for you and you must be Isabelle!" Neil exclaimed, he's the emcee for tonight's event.

The dinner was supposedly kanina pang 6:30 pm but I told him to extend 30 minutes before we start because I'm still waiting for someone special. I don't want Isabelle to eat on her own.

𝗜𝘀𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲

I froze when the emcee said they've been waiting for me, what? So kung hindi ako umattend naghintay sila sa wala?

I looked at tita Irene and pouted.

"Why?" She asked softly as she caress my face.

"Why did you wait for me?" I said as I frowned.

"I just extended the time to start the dinner because I don't want you to eat on your own.." She defended.

"Thanks tita pero sana hindi niyo na ginawa yun, the guests must have been hungry already." I said.

"No, of course we provide them snacks to eat while we were watching performances." She told me, I just agreed with what she uttered because I know I can't win against Irene Marcos. The PYSB students are already done in performing, Clea and Beth noticed my presence so they wave their hand to me.

"Tita, I'll just go with Clea and Beth." I told tita Irene, she nodded as she caress my hand.

𝗜𝗺𝗲𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀

I think of some kalokohan to do nanaman, I'll going to tell the emcee to request a performance from Isabelle later. Since she's a singer naman and she can also play piano.

I stood up and went to near to the emcee.

"Neil!" I called him.

"Ms. Imee, bakit po?" He asked.