Chapter 24

𝗜𝘀𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲

Nandito kami nila tita Imee sa sala nanunuod ng movie, si Tita Irene at tito Greggy ay nagpaalam na magpapahinga na, tita Irene looks uneasy and pale, kanina habang kumakain kami I know she keeps on gazing at me. I wasn't able to sit beside her because tito Greggy arrived so I just sat beside tita Imee.

"Is tita Irene okay, tita?" I asked tita Imee.

"I'm not sure eh, she looks pale." Tita Imee replied.

"I saw that too." I told her, I'm worried.

"Don't worry, she'll be okay tomorrow. Just let her take a rest, 'kay?" She uttered and caress my hair, I manage to respond a smile.

"Okay tita.." I said.

"Since your tito Greggy is already here, you sleep beside me later nalang okay?" She offered, I nodded in agreement.

"Okay po." I said and we continue to watch.

𝗜𝗺𝗲𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀

The movie end already and we head our way to our rooms, I told Isabelle that she could sleep on my room since Greggy is here na already and also since I don't have any katabi.

Isabelle and I are now laying on my bed, we talk a bit and then we both felt sleepy so we sleep.

𝗜𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗼𝘀-𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

I woke up in the middle of the night, I thought Isabelle was already beside me pero wala. Where could she be?

I get out of my room and proceed to the kitchen to drink a water, I still felt dizziness at mainit ako. I took the thermometer and check my temperature. Its 38.2, god I'm sick!

I opened the cabinet where the medicine kit is located and took a medicine. I immediately swallowed it.

Even if I feel dizzy, I manage to find Isabelle. The first thing to pop up in my mind on where Isabelle is, is in Manang's room, so I went there. I twist the door knob and gladly its not locked. There I saw them sleeping while hugging each other.

I went to Isabelle's side and gently caress her hair.

"Goodnight love." I whispered and kissed her forehead.

I get out of Manang's room because I think anytime I would really pass out. I head to my room and lay down quickly. My head really hurts and It feels like the whole area is turning. I just closed my eyes and sleep again.

𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘆 𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗮

I woke up already because I'll have another urgent meeting today even if its Sunday. Hindi natapos yung meeting namin kahapon because I left early to be able to attend the dinner last night. When I woke up I kissed Irene's forehead and I felt she's hot. I gently touched her forehead and then her neck and its hot, she's sick. I stood up and I took the thermometer, her temperature was 38.5, damn ang taas ng lagnat niya.

Lumabas ako ng kwarto at pumunta sa kusina para kumuha ng maliit na balde with warm water at pamunas. Nung bumalik ako I saw Irene trying to cover herself with our thick comforter and groaning.

"Hun..." I said softly, caressing her face.

"Hmm.." She groan, eyes were still close.

"What are you feeling?" I asked, worriedly.

"My head hurts and I'm cold." She uttered.

I lower the aircon's temperature and I went back to her, I held her hands and kissed her forehead. Pinunasan ko muna siya, when I was done, I put the wet towel on her forehead. I kissed her head again before I left the room. I decided to cook her breakfast before I leave the house.