Chapter 69

When the class ended, Celestine went directly to their house, when she arrived, her parents were not home yet so she just went to her room to change and rest, she was able to take a nap because she was so tired from school.

Meanwhile, Irene and Greggy have just arrived to their house.

"Manang, si Celestine?" Irene asked their maid.

"Ah nasa kwarto niya hija, nagpapahinga ata." she replied, Irene nodded as her husband and her went to their room right away. When Irene finished changing and freshen up, she went to the kitchen to see what's for dinner, their maids already prepared food for dinner so Irene decided to went to her daughter's room.

She knocked, "Anak?" she uttered, no one responded so she twisted the doorknob and gladly it was open so she entered her daughter's room.

As soon as she entered the room, she carefully walked towards her daughter and saw her peacefully sleeping, she gently caressed her hair as she smiled genuinely.

Irene can tell that she doesn't want anything anymore, she has more than enough and couldn't ask for more. Just to be with her husband and her daughter means everything to her, she kissed Celestine's cheeks that made Celestine woke up.

She groaned, "Hmm, oh you're here already mommy?" Celestine spoke.

"hm, you fell asleep, tired?" Irene softly asked as she planted a kiss on her daughter's forehead.

"Yeah, ang dami naming activities na ginawa kanina.." Celestine said as she pouted.

"Aw my love, don't pressure yourself too much. Get up na, we'll eat dinner. Your dad is waiting for us." Irene told her daughter, Celestine nodded as she get up. Irene hold her hand as they get out of the room and proceed to the dining area.

"Hi princess!" Greggy exclaimed as soon as he saw her daughter approaching, Celestine smiled at give Greggy a kiss on his cheeks and sat down.

"So who won, love?" Irene asked her daughter.

Celestine, "U-um.." she uttered, acting sad.

"H-hey it's okay if you didn't get the position, there is still next time." Irene consoled her daughter, Greggy squeeze Celestine's hand for comfort.

Celestine is trying not to laugh but when she can't resist it already, she chuckled which made her parents wonder.

"I won!" Celestine exclaimed and smiled widely.

"I knew it!" Greggy said as he stood up to hug her daughter.

"Congratulations my princess." Greggy remarked and kissed Celestine's forehead.

Irene also stood up, "Congratulations my love, you really deserve it!" Irene uttered as she kissed her daughter's cheeks.

They get back to their seat as they continue to eat. After they eat, the maids clean-up the table and the Araneta's proceed to their designated rooms, Irene accompany her daughter to her bedroom.

"Rest kana din mommy, I know you're also tired, don't work too much and have time for yourself naman." Celestine said while her hands are in her mom's arms.

"The tiredness would always disappears whenever I saw you. Don't worry about mommy, I'm okay. And you also don't pressure yourself and don't be stress too much, 'kay?" Irene told her daughter as she caress her face.

"Tss, can't promise, I have new responsibility, remember?" Celestine sighed as she smiled lightly to her mom.

"Hmm, well maybe but still, as you said have time for yourself also." Irene uttered looking at her daughter.