64 Daughter

" Doctor, when will my daughter wake up? It's been two days and she is still asleep. Did she fall into coma again?" I hear someone crying beside me. 

I opened my eyes to find the scene unchanged. Mom was sitting beside me shedding tears, dad stood behind her-even though he was not crying like mom I could see that he was distressed as well.

Dad's eyes were slightly red, with dark circles under them. Dad looked aged and tired as if he has not slept of many nights. 

Even if I have stayed away from them all this years I know that they love me a lot. I have always been a single child and I have received all the love and care from my parents. My parents have never treated me badly. I have always been close to them right from the childhood until that incident.

I always that my parents are the ideal parents and they love each other a lot.  But later when I was in last year completing my masters I came to know that they both cheated on each other.

On the day of my graduation ceremony I found pictures of my parents together with someone else, so what do a spoilt and mentally retarted daughter like me does after knowing it?

Offcourse, like a retard I am, I alienated myself from everyone and fromed a protective covering around my own world. I believed that in this world there is only myself for me and there is no love, care for fellow partner.

I foolishly threw everything away which would have given me peaceful and happy unlike the lonely and deserted ilfe which  I lived for more that 5 years up until I lay on my death bed.

I looked at my parents who left all their work and are waiting for their spoilt and idiot daughter to wake up. 

" Mom, Dad" I hoarsely whispered. I tried not to cry looking at them as they visibly stiffened hearing my voice.

For the first time in my life I saw tears in my dad's eyes. Dad has always been a proud person, no matter how difficult the situation is he would handle it patiently, but this was the I had seen him defeated and tired.

Those tears in my parents eyes were like thorns pricking my heart without any mercy. 

" Daisy...." mom hurriedly held my hand, there was relief in her eyes," You are awake" she cried.

" How are you feeling? " Dad examined my face, looking for any signs of discomfort.

" I_ I..." I choked, I tried to control my tears but could not.

"What's wrong?" mom and dad were startled at my sudden cry. The mountain of emotions which I tried to keep in control finally snapped.

" Don't cry, don't cry" mom caressed my head holding my hand," It's going to be alright, it's okay, it's okay"

I cried clutching her hand tightly, I felt ashamed of myself, ashamed for neglecting my parents for years, ashamed that just a single photograph could break my love for my parents, ashamed of being so wrong, ashamed that I couldn't be a good daughter, ashamed for making them worry, ashamed that even if I was so wrong they cared for me. 

" I_ I am sorry mom, dad" I whispered looking at their distressed faces.

" I was wrong, I couldn't be good daughter. I_ I'm sorry for making you worry. I am so sorry." 

If I could turn back into time, I won't repeat the same mistakes I did. I won't be a person with no emotions, I won't neglect my parents, friends and their feelings. I won't run to acheive perfection leaving behind my people.

Perhaps, if I would have treated my people well, then everything would have been same as that of my dream.

" Don't say that." dad said, his voice hoarse and eyes red," You have always been a good daughter, you have fulfilled all our wishes. So what if you were busy in work and could not spend time with your parents, but, the things which you have achieved have always made us proud as parents. We wouldn't ask anything else from you. No matter what you do, you will always be our good daughter."

" Yes, we are fine as long as you are happy and doing well." Mom nodded wiping my tears and soothing my forehead," As long as you fine, we wish for nothing else. Just be safe." 

" Okay, now stop crying both of you." Dad said, standing beside mom and looked at us," You look ugly."

" Dad..."

" Eli..."

Mom and I said in unison looking at him askance.  

" Okay, okay, I was wrong." he held his hands up in surrender feign fear, his lips tugged up in a soft and relieved smile. 

I don't know how come I forgot about everyone, maybe due to hitting my head in the accident I had amnesia and could not remember their faces, but now that I look at them, they look exactly same, have same facial features, same temprament and same names. The only difference is of surname, in my dream I throught myself to be Williams whereas in reality I am Knight.

" Miss.Knight, how are you feeling now?" the long forgotten doctor said, he looked in his mid 40's with a gentle smile on his face.

I sat up leaning against the bed and answered," I am fine. I just feel weak." 

" It's normal to feel weak after being in coma for 2 weeks. Don't worry you will recover well, you just need to eat well and not forget to follow our instructions." the doctor said seriously.  Mom and dad nodded like chickens peking rice making me smile at their cute behaviour.

"Yes."

" Okay, you can rest now." the doctor smiled and walked away closing the door behind him.

" I think we should go too, your friends are waiting out to meet you." Mom said and stood up to leave.

" Yeah, we are out." dad kissed my forehead and walked out following mom.

I felt nervous to meet them, even though I have been with them in my dream but in reality to meet them after 5 years I felt nervous. I wonder if they look same as that of last time. Perhaps, they might have changed.

I look forward to meeting them.

Just as I was thinking about how to face them, the door of the room opened with a 'bam' and a red haired figure burst in.

" Daisy, you inhumane scumbag......."

Hey sunshines,

What do you think about Daisy's approach towards her parents?

Please VOTE, COMMENT and don't forget to add my  book on your reading list.