58 Jealous.

All heads turned to the corridor hearing the authoritive voice, Ethan walked into the conference room with his hand in his pocket. He took confident strides into the room and stood in front of everyone, I must admit just his presence screams dominance attracting attention wherever he goes.

" What brings you here, Mr.King?" dad asked in a professional tone but his eyes held  softness.

" I'm here to invest in the California project." he said in calm tone as if he were here to buy vegetables.

The room fell into silence once again, truthfully the project is profitable but the required investment is quite high. And that's the main reason all the investors hesitated knowing the numbers, even if they were positive about the project but no one would like to take the risk with so much money.

And here he is directly ageering to invest without even asking for details.

" Mr.King, the investment required for the project is quite high. Even if the project is profitable and high scale we can't guarantee the results, are you sure about it?" Dad voiced out, everyone nodded in agreement.

" I have studied all the pro's and con's about the project, and I am positive about it." Ethan glanced at me with a slight curve of his lips.

I looked around the room, all the shareholders looked as if they have found a huge treasure, the dejected expression long vanished from their faces.

___________________________

" You didn't have to do that. We would have found a new investor. " I looked at Ethan as he sat across me in my office. After discussing about eveything he signed the contract as an investor in the project. Even though the project is good, I felt a little unfair about it- I didn't want to take advantage of our relation.

" Where were you going to find a new investor in such a short notice? And besides the project is good, it would bring a lot to Kings." he said, leaning backwards making himself comfortable in the chair.

" We would have found it, Mason had asked me about the project, he wants to invest here in America. He would have happily agreed." I took a sip of coffee" In case if you have forgotten who Mason is- he is my friend form UK, remember, he was there at your banquet.He is really a good friend." I smiled to myself remembering him.

" Oh, really?" he asked in a stiff tone.

" Yes, he is doing a great job recently. I knew he was talented and will surely succeed. You know when I was in UK, we have had a lot of fun together.  We went to visit Stonehenge and the Tower of London." I smiled and looked at him," And we even...." I pressed the brakes to my mouth, and blinked.

Why does his face look like this? Huh? 

"What else? I would like to hear your interesting stories. Go on." his jaw twitched, he looked angry. 

Angry?

" Why do you look like that all of a sudden?" I asked confused at his sudden anger, his face was cold and eyes narrowed.

" You mean to say that you would rather take your friends help than mine." he angrily stood up, I could see the veins of his forehead popping.

" What, when did I say that?" I asked bewildered as he paced combed his hair with his fingures in frustration. What happened? Did I say something wrong?

" Wait, are you jealous?" my eyes widened at the sudden realization," Are you jealous that we enjoyed ourselves and you did not get to do that? "

" Am I that type of person to you?" he asked with his jaw clenched.

" Oh, come on, it's just a trivial matter, if you want you can also go to UK and enjoy." I nodded waving my hand," No need to be childish."

" I am being childish." he angrily laughed," You know what I don't even want to talk anymore, I am going."

" Hey, wait..." he stromed out shutting the door behind him with a loud bang.

Damnit..... is he mad or am I mad? I frustatedly rubbed my forehead and groaned.

I think he might be having a bad day, yes, that is why was angry. 

I picked up my phone to call him but stopped, it's better to let him cool down first. 

" Did you do something to anger him?" Alice asked entering.

I raised an eyebrow at her," Why would it be me who would anger him? Can't it be other way around?"

" Mr.King is so sensible, it is impossible for him to do something wrong.  He would never do something to anger you." she confidently nodded.

" You..." before I could scold her the door opened revealing  Ethan. His looked wronged as if he has been bullied.

" Didn't you leave just a few minutes ago?" I asked when Alice walked out leaving Ethan and me.

" Why didn't you chase me? I was angry at you, you should have come after me." he looked at me with accusation.

Why am I feeling guitly as I have bullied a small puppy?

I walked towards him and placed my hand on his forehead," You don't have a fever." I commented taking my hand away," Did you turn silly due to overwork? Or did you hit your head on wall?"

" And why did you get angry all of a sudden and walk out?" I folded my arms around my chest.

" You still can't tell why I was angry about?" he asked putting his around my waist and pulling me into his chest.

" How would I know if you don't tell?" I kissed his chin gazing into his blue orbs.

" I was ...." he said low voice, but I still heard due to close proximity.

" Jealous? "  I completed.

" No, I am angry  that you speak about your friend so affectionately.  Why does he gets a special treatment than your boyfriend?" his lips pressed in thin line in displeasure.

I blinked, this... is he jealous ?

" Ethan, why would you be jealous of him, he is a friend to mine. You and him are different, besides he already has a boyfriend." I pinched his cheek angrily until it turned red.

" Boyfriend?" he held my hand which was pinching his cheek and widened his eyes.

" Or what, don't tell me that you are interested in him?" I asked in horror.

" What? No, not at all." he retorted in disgust shaking his head.

I laughed at his silly tactics, who would say that this man is a businessman, he gets tricked just like that.

" Even if he has a boyfried, I still feel jealous when you talk about him so affectionately."

" Are you saying that I should not talk to him?" I narrowed my eyes in feign anger.

" Ye_ No, I am just saying. You can do whatever you want. I won't refrain you." 

" That's more like it."I said  patting his shoulder in appreciation.

" How about you give me a gift for my good performance?" he blinked expectedly.

" Are you a child?" I raised an eyebrow, subconciously caressing his jaw.

"..."

" Okay, okay don't make those faces." I stood on my tiptoes and  kissed his cheek ," Here you go."

Before I could move away, he tugged at the back of my neck pulling me in for a long and breathetaking kiss.

Please VOTE,COMMENT and don't forget to add my book on your reading list.