Everyone else got ready while April finished my hair, then we made sure we had our key- and a spare- before getting into Julian's and Henry's car. Turned out they both drove.

Mads and I went with April and Henry so Maja wasn't third wheeling. Plus, I trusted Henry to drive more.

"What do you think your dad is doing?" Maddox asked quietly, playing with the ring on my finger.

"Probably drinking beer. Hot tub... face timing Petunia,"

"Awh. He probably misses you,"

"I miss him. And weirdly I miss Sierra which grosses me out,"

"Well, I mean, she did care for you at one of your most vulnerable points. Plus, you have been at home so much with her and dad that it's obviously weird to be here,"

"Yeah. I guess. But I am allowed to just miss her, right? Without those excuses,"

"Of course, she has a really bit heart, and I think you have taken up considerable room in it. I'm talking double bed ensuite,"

I nudged her side and laughing slightly, then took her hand and sighed.

"I think she is looking out for you, and that it is a really good thing to miss her. Yanno? It just means you have someone else you can go to,"

"I think you miss her,"

"Nah, but her car does smell really nice,"

"Does mine smell good?" Henry said, "I got this new air freshener,"

"It's the same as his cologne,"

I raised my eyebrows, but April seemed to be head over heels for it, so I just agreed and watched the beach become closer out the window.

We parked beside Julian and began unpacking, but I was made to stand to the side holding a parasol.

Maja soon joined me holding a cooler of sandwiches, then we ditched everyone to find a spot.

"Are you going in the sea?"

"Maybe. My stomach can still kinda be sensitive sometimes so I might not risk it,"

"Fair enough. Sorry everyone is fussing, I know it's cos they care but I trust you to know your limits. You're not stupid,"

"Thanks, Maja,"

"How are things with Maddox?"

"Really good,"

"I don't wanna boost your ego, but she raves on and on about you all the time,"

"She does?"

"Yeah. And she has a weird amount of dreams about you,"

"Wait up!"

Julian ran over and stopped us, laying down the blankets he held. Then, I put the parasol up and sat under it, the others putting the bags down.

I got the suncream out and began to put it on, then Maddox put it on my face for me, concentration plastered on her face.

"You're so pretty," she whispered, "I love it when the sun hits your eyes,"

"Thank you,"

"I brought us books, and headphones if you wanted a nap,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too. Can you help me with my suncream?"

I put hers on her face too and then did her back for her, because she was happily sat in her bikini.