45

Luke

"These fit. I hate these. These are too long. I like these,"

"Put them in the basket then,"

"Can I get back in the wheelchair?"

"Of course,"

I passed the unwanted jeans to the shop assistant and we walked out the changing room area, heading towards the jewellery. 

Gabi had decided she wanted to get something for Sierra as a... well I wasn't sure what. Possibly a thank you, or maybe a welcome.

Either way, I was very happy to accommodate.

"This?"

"Looks good to me,"

"Hm,"

"What?"

"I need it to be great,"

"That is great,"

"No,"

She put it back and pushed the wheelchair out of my hands to look at the necklaces instead, staring at them all.

"What does she like?"

"She will like anything,"

"You are the worst person to shop with,"

"That's not true. I have the bank account,"

"If I was allowed a job...,"

"Yeah, yeah. Choose something,"

A few minutes passed by, then she picked up a gold necklace with a small blue stone inside.

"This one,"

"Perfect. Do we need anything else?"

"You need a new attitude,"

"Wow,"

"Kidding,"

"I'm sure you were," I scoffed, turning us round to the till, "Think of anymore shops,"

"I need foundation. Please?"

"Okay,"

"Thanks,"

"I'm gonna ask Sierra to go shopping tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow is spa day,"

"Really?"

"Yep. As long as you are okay, because we can reschedule,"

"I will be okay," she insisted, her hands in her lap holding the necklace tightly.

We paid for all of the things, then she held the bag in her lap as we went to get her foundation. She didn't tend to wear it on the daily, only for special events or if she wanted to look much older to scare my mum. However, her skin had broken out, and she looked tired all the time, and if this is what made her feel better I would buy a thousand bottles of the stuff.

Obviously, I still thought she was beautiful. I was terrible for being one of those bias parents.

Whilst in the shop, I stocked up on toiletries, then we paid and I put everything in my backpack. It looked ridiculous, but we were going for practicality over fashion.

"Lunch? At home or out?"

"Home,"

"It's nice weather huh? We can sit outside,"

"Sure. Then I need to nap,"

Once back at the car, I loaded everything in and we went back home, the nap coming a lot sooner than expected for she fell asleep beside me in the car.