2

Gabi

"Wakey wakey,"

"I'm up,"

"I brought you your medicine, and some peanut butter on toast. Do you have water?"

"Yeah,"

"Good. I've gotta get off to work, will you be okay?"

"Yeah,"

"I love you," dad said, kissing my cheek, "See you later,"

He rushed out the house, meanwhile I got up and sat at my desk, scrolling through my phone as I munched on the toast. Then I took my medication and brushed my hair, putting on my uniform. I was feeling quite stiff so it was a bit uncomfortable, but I never complained about it. I was proud to wear my school logo.

I'd worked my ass off for a scholarship there, and I knew how much of a privilege it was for me; I rather enjoyed school.

I freshened up and then took my bag downstairs, packing my water bottle and lunch.

A car horn sounded outside and I looked out to see April and Henry kissing in his car, waiting for me to get out. They were constantly all over each other, but when they weren't in each others mouths they were pretty great friends to have, so we kept them around.

Besides, I couldn't really judge because Maddox and I didn't completely keep our hands off each other. Dad didn't know, but she and I were quite close; I really enjoyed her company.

But last time I dated, he reacted the same as when I ask for a job- over protective of me.

I locked up and got into the car, putting my bag on the floor because Julian was beside me; Maja and Maddox were the only ones who didn't ride with us because they boarded.

"Good morning,"

"We'll see about that one,"

"Your tie is so bad," I said to Julian, "Fix that,"

"Didn't realise you were the uniform police,"

"I'm full of surprises,"

"You're actually pretty predictable," April said, "School... then sleep,"

"Actually I did yoga after school yesterday,"

"Huh, then I take it back,"

"Like a class?" Henry asked.

"A home dvd with my dad,"

"I retract my retraction. You are in fact predictable,"

I kicked April's seat and she looked back with a grin, pulling her handbag to her lap as Henry parked his car. All my friends had cars, and I could drive dads, but since I couldn't work we couldn't afford two cars.

Let's just say I was an expensive child to have, and some of my medication wasn't even covered. That came before anything.

"Julian, you seriously need to re-do your tie otherwise Miss is gonna be so pissed,"

"Language,"

"Look who it is,"

"Your tie Julian," Maja cringed.

"Okay, I get it!" he said, rolling his eyes, "I will re-do it,"

We walked to class, April and Henry hand in hand, Maja and Julian close behind; Maddox and I were a few paces back, and I was listening to her telling me how Maja trashed their dorm last night.

Us two shared all the same classes, and obviously the same friends, so usually sat together and worked together.

"Can I come over tonight? I know it's rude to invite myself but Maja is having a boy over,"