25

Luke

"Knock knock,"

I looked up to see Sierra enter my office, hauling a deflated blow up bed and some bedding, as well as a rucksack.

"I thought you might want company,"

"I fucking love you,"

Gabi had sent me to sleep in my office because nurses would be coming in extremely often, and she wanted me to have a good sleep. After a lot of arguing, she won, but I did feel safe that I was in hospital still.

I'd set up on my sofa and was going to settle down, when Sierra came in.

"We are gonna have to pump the bed up with a peddle,"

"That's okay, I can do it,"

She laid it on the floor and I attached the pump, starting to move it up and down with my foot. As it blew up more, she unpacked the bedding and her pyjamas, locking my door so she could change.

"How is Gabi?"

"She insisted on going to the toilet and felt a bit crappy ever since, but she won't admit it. She got more medicine and went to sleep,"

"Oh good, she can probably eat some bits tomorrow,"

"Yeah... can I talk to you a second?"

"Sure,"

We both climbed into the air bed and she cuddled my side, resting her hand on my chest.

"Earlier, Gabi found out you went to see Maddox and she got a bit freaked out. I think maybe while she recovers from this all, we should let the guys handle Maddox and just focus on us three,"

"Oh gosh. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I thought I was helping, have I upset her?"

"She's okay,"

"I didn't mean to upset her,"

She sat up and looked down at me with tearful eyes, then rested her head back on my chest and sniffed.

"Sierra, hey. She just got out of major surgery, you just did a major surgery, and she has known you like 3 days. Emotions are high and this is all new. What you did was lovely, and I know Maddox will especially appreciate it-  I appreciate it a lot too. But Gabi just needs time and I think we can offer that,"

"Yes. Yeah, of course. I am sorry I stepped over the line,"

"You didn't, but it's all a bit too much for her. I don't think she properly understands how she even feels,"

"Thank you, for letting me know,"

"Of course. I love you,"

"I love you too,"

Both of us were tired, so we turned over to sleep, my office quiet compared to everywhere else.

But for some reason the silence was hanging over us.

I felt her turn back over and her face was by my back, so I turned too and she looked at me, chewing her lip.

"She hates me, doesn't me?"

"No, she doesn't. She actually really likes you I think,"

"Okay. She isn't mean behind closed door?"

"She isn't, I promise. Besides, we shouldn't care what teenagers say or think about us,"

"But I do care and it does matter because if she doesn't like me then this cannot work,"

"She does like you,"