29

Gabi

"I have cake,"

"What flavour?"

"Chocolate,"

I was sat up cross legged, so I pat bed to get Sierra to sit there. I'd had a nap, and some meds, but the guys had left because I kinda wasn't in the mood anymore. Hospital birthdays weren't the best.

"Happy birthday,"

"Thank you,"

"We can't have candles but you could pretend,"

She sat on the end of the bed and passed out three cupcakes, then handed a card over as well. Inside was a gift voucher, which was very sweet of her.

"Are we going to go shopping together?"

"Who?"

"Me and you,"

"Oh-yeah. Yeah, we will,"

"Good because I need someone who isn't my dad to help me shop for once,"

"You'll hopefully recover pretty well, I can tell that you're feeling a bit better,"

"I got my own car today,"

"That's awesome! You'll be able to pick your friends up whenever,"

"Yeah,"

I nodded, then silence hung awkwardly across the room, both of us looking at dad who had the cake stuffed in his mouth, so wasn't much help.

"Well, I was only here for a flying visit because I know you're probably pretty tired. I am working tomorrow so we are going to run some tests and see if you're ready for home. By home I mean staying in your own bed and not doing anything,"

"Okay,"

"I'll call you later,"

She nodded and they kissed, then she left us again and I ate my cake, then went to the bathroom and got ready for bed.

Today had worn me out more than my entire stay, it felt like.

Dad tucked me into bed, then laid on his own and looked at me.

"I hope you had a good day,"

"I did. Thank you for my car,"

"I know you don't like driving too much, but I thought it meant you could do your own thing. Plus I didn't know if you'd be moving out or what,"

"Not yet,"

"I support whatever you do, okay? So no pressure. Take your time,"

"I don't wanna talk about it today,"

"Okay,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too darling, sleep well,"

For the first night here, I actually did sleep well. I hadn't felt this good waking up for as long as I could remember, and Michael was by my side when I did.

"Hey,"

"Good morning. Your dad has gone home to get it ready for your return, they're gonna try and release you today. But, that means boring waiting so I am here with my switch to play whatever you want,"

"I don't have mine,"

"Yes you do,"

"You're telling me that this entire time I have had my switch,"

He placed it on my lap and shrugged, then rummaged through my bag to find new clothes.

"You go and freshen up, I will grab you some breakfast, and then we can play,"