19

Luke

"How long will the results take to get? Mike and Ash came too right?"

"They did. It will be a few hours,"

"Okay,"

"But I am testing other people," Calum said, "So I will be waiting,"

"Who else is there to test?"

He looked at me and then turned away, grabbing the door handle as I held the door shut.

"No,"

"Luke, come on man,"

"You are not letting that monster near my kid,"

"She won't be near Gabi, if she is a match then the kidney will be brought here. That's if she even agrees,"

"She won't be a match,"

"It's her mother, Luke. She might be, but keep it on the low for now because Gabi cannot handle any more stress. I am so serious Luke, she cannot handle unnecessary stress,"

"If you contact her I will fucking murder you,"

"I already did. She is in prison, she isn't coming anywhere near here," he said.

"Gabi is not getting one of her kidneys,"

"Then Gabi might not get a kidney for months because you might not be a match!"

"I will be!"

"Luke, right now I am not your friend. I am your daughter's doctor working in the interests of her health. She needs a kidney and I don't goddam care which one of you gives it to her,"

"Wow,"

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant I don't care because getting Gabi what she needs is most important,"

"Whatever,"

I let go of the door and he left, so I went the other direction back to Gabi's room, seeing her laid on her phone. When I sat down, she switched it off and looked at me expectedly, but I didn't have anything to say.

It was a lot to take in.

"I think this room is making me feel worse,"

"Hopefully it won't be too long,"

"Yeah,"

"Is there anything you wanna talk about?"

"No,"

"Okay... can we talk about something I have been wondering about?"

She propped herself up on her elbow, so I began to sit the bed up for her, and then put my phone down on the side.

"I feel like we kinda brushed over that you have a girlfriend now too,"

"It doesn't matter,"

"It matters to me. She seems like a really sweet girl, I am happy for you,"

"She is,"

"Do you wanna tell the guys about Maddox? I'm sure someone would pick her up,"

"Michael already knows,"

"How does Michael know?"

"He covered for me,"

"He covered for me too," I laughed, "We are terrible, aren't we?"

"Maybe,"

"Calum knows too. Probably Ashton,"

We turned as there was a knock on the door, and I called them in, my heart skipping a beat when I saw Sierra. Following her, was Maddox.