49

Gabi

"Morning!"

Maddox and I both groaned as Michael opened the curtains, whistling as he undid the blinds too.

Then, he looked at us and snorted, shaking his head.

"Ashton is coming in half an hour,"

"What!"

"Kidding. 45 minutes,"

"Can I shower? Maddox asked.

"You may, but do you want breakfast first?"

"You're making it?"

"I can do, if you want. How quick do you shower?"

"Quick,"

"Go on, Gabi and I will cook,"

He went and got her a towel, then she went one way and we went the other, down to the kitchen. I tied my hair back again on the way then wiped the sleep from my eyes as Michael pulled me into his side.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good,"

"I am so relieved to hear that. Do you take your medicine before or after breakfast?"

"After. Do you have any board games I can take?"

"Raid the cupboard,"

"Thanks,"

"You can take any movies too. I assume you guys will just be chilling,"

"Yeah, I will because I can't do anything intense. Hot tub and the beach,"

"Are you taking your car then?"

"Julian can drive, he has a car. And Henry... I have forgotten who is driving,"

"Julian has a car? Our Julian?"

"Yes. He isn't your Julian,"

"I've watched him grow up, he is my Julian," he insisted, "I think I have spent the most time with your friends, after your dad. Maybe even before your dad,"

"That's because you leave us alone,"

He pulled a face and mocked me, so I kicked his leg and opened the cupboard to get what we needed for pancakes.

Mike had all the latest technology, and just about every unnecessary kitchen appliance ever, so he had a thing specifically for pancakes. It could go slow, so we could do other things at the same time; I wanted eggs and bacon too.

Having my appetite back was nice.

"I like your nails,"

"Thanks. Sierra got blue as well because dad was pushing for us to match. I hate it when he does that, he gets really pushy about me and Sierra bonding,"

"I think he just wants to help,"

"It makes me not want to be with her,"

"Have you told him?"

"Good luck getting him to listen," I mumbled, "He doesn't value what I say as much as you guys,"

"I think that's a little unfair, didn't he tell you the other day that he understood?"

"He didn't act upon it,"

"I think him getting to spend a few days away from home, and away from his work, with us all, will help,"

"You're saying I am the problem?"

"Gabi, you know I am not," he said sternly, taking the spatula from me, "Can you please make sure you get some sleep this trip?"