He had a grin on his face when he said
"You're the one who brought this to your self princess. I gave you two options to choose from, remember?"

"If I still have a choice with those opinions ... I choose to pay you back." He chuckled at my words.

"We both know you don't have the money."

"I'll pay you next month... Till then I don't want to have anything to do with you or with any of your tasks." I said, ignoring his statement.

I was about to leave but was stopped by his sudden words.
"If you aren't able to pay it, I wouldn't think twice to kill you and your dumb ass brother who stole my money."

I looked over at him, the confident face I previously had on changed entirely.

It would cost a lifetime to save up to that amount and I knew it, I just wanted a few weeks away from Rico but I couldn't possibly take the risk of accepting his threat.

"What's the task?" I asked with a sigh.
"Glad you asked sweetheart... Don't worry it's an easy one." Rico said with smug look.

"Take this. There's a black Toyota Camry parked at the address that was sent to you, drive it and bring it back here." He tossed a car key at me.

"You want me to get you another empty car?" I said with a sarcastic tone.

"No... there're drugs in it." He said nonchalantly.

"Drugs?" I mumbled with wide eyes.

"You just going to stand there?" He questioned.

"I only have to bring it straight back here?" I asked nervously.

"Bring it straight back." He muttered.

"Then I could be able to go back home?" I questioned.

"If that's what you want princess."

——————-

I had to walk my way to the address, it was quite a long distance from where I was coming from and was soaked with sweat at the time I got there.

I quickly found the car since it was the only one there and I rushed in it.

It was old looking but still functional enough for it to drive.

The seats botched and the engine weak.
The only benefit was the air conditioning which was surprisingly still working.

I rifled through the car, trying to find anything that could throw me behind bars but again nothing was in it.

***

"Is this some kind of joke?" I anxiously asked Rico with strained brows.

"What do you mean?" Frenaldo replied instead.

"You keep on telling me to get you shitty ass cars with nothing in it." I said furiously.

"You really think there's nothing in it?" Rico asked unimpressed and I shot him a shrug look.

Walking to the car where it was parked, he pulled the brakes and the car slowly went down the hill, gradually increasing its speed till it eventually crashed into a brick wall upfront.

"What was that for?" I questioned tiredly.

He ignored my question and glided his way slowly to the car and I anxiously followed.

He pulled out a pocket knife and slit the inflated airbag to revealed pills of different types that was soon littered on the car mat.

"I'm not going to reassure you again. Just do what you're asked without pointless interrogations." He said and immediately walked away.

Frenaldo on the other hand just stood there and watched with a small but noticeable grin.

"I can see how you're getting along with each other.." He gradually took small steps towards my direction.

"I guess I'm starting to get on his bad side.." I said with a fake chuckle.

"I should've just brought the car and went straight home..." I mumbled.

"You didn't make any faulty decisions by asking questions... this is all new to you, you were anxious that's all." He interrupted.

"This wasn't the first time he told me to get a car for him you know? The first time I got bloody scared because the cops pulled me over and demanded a search but luckily nothing was in it... and when I asked him he said 'I was just testing you'..."
I said the last part in slight a mocking manner that made him chuckle.

"So this time I checked the vehicle myself but didn't see anything so I thought it was another of his 'tests'." I tried explaining.

"Don't let anything he says get to you, he has always been like that... he's my little brother so I'm practically speaking from experience." He informed.

I looked at him in a slightly shocked expression.

"You have to be joking. He's your younger brother? You both are definitely the same age." I said.

"We're four years apart actually..." he mentioned with a grin.

"You have to show me your daily routine because damn.." I jokingly said making him smile.

"Want a ride home?" He calmly offered.
"It's fine I'll order a cab."

"It's the least I could do after putting you in all these trouble." He insisted.

—————-
The ride was mostly slow and silent but was occupied with few questions from Frenaldo.

"So, it's only you then?" He started.
"I and my five siblings."

"What about your parents?" He furthered the conversation.
"My mother passed away a few weeks back and my dad... it's complicated."

He turned his head over to me and glared for a few seconds before speaking "I'm sorry about that, you've got your fucking hands full..seems like a tough task."

"I can assure you it isn't, comparing to the tasks Rico gives." I said with a slight chuckle.

"I'm guessing your mother got murdered by Nick..." I said to further our conversation.
"She was." He stated.

"And your father?" I asked.

"He's still very much alive..."

If I picked up something from him.
He preferred talking about me and my family but always went plain when I asked about his.

"Is this the place?" He asked referring to my house.

"Yes." I took a glance at the front door that didn't take seconds before it was flown open by Ace and Rowan.

"Thanks again for the ride..."
I awkwardly came down the car, preparing myself for series of questions that I was about to get.

Thanks for reading❤️