Lazure Bathing

SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THIS CHAPTER AND THE NEXT

FLORIAN POV

FDL : So - In light of the right granted to me with the acquisition of this planet.... I declare this complex open!

A great shout of joy surrounded me on all sides. I stood at the rostrum on a makeshift platform, surrounded on all sides by drones. Fortunately, the only people standing close to me are those whom I trust enough - despite all these days my... eh, "fanclub" has not disappeared. And that...

...was concerning.

FDL
: Ok, dronies ! Open da door !
The gates to the complex swung open, letting a not-so-small-but-not-at-all-large group inside. There was enough room for everyone - you could say it was quite empty. That was about to change.

FDL
: Phew, how much work that was.
I jumped off the platform and marched towards the door, where a familiar group of people were already waiting for me.

FDL
: It gets harder and harder every day...

RKN
: Work ?

FDL
: Life.

We both started laughing out loud, which slowly turned into sobbing.

RZM
: Even for me it was weak... And I'm stuck in garbage cans !

J & V
: Y-you do ?

RZM
: I doesn't want to talk about it.

Razumihin, N and Uzi all shivered.

UZI
: So... do we go in or ?

FDL
: Yes, we deserve a moment of relaxation. Let's go.

By complex, we mean complex. A complex means a collection of many things in one place - so in the above-mentioned "complex" there was a cinema, a couple of bars and restaurants, a couple of game rooms and the most important - a bathhouse. The place was to become a leisure destination, so I spared no expense.

RKN
: Sir... were gold-plated doorknobs really necessary.

...I spared no expense.

FDL
: ...No.

RKN
: Oh... alright.

I felt guilty.

---

J POV

V
: Wow, this place is amazing !

Said V, standing on the railing and looking at the expansive views below us. Me and V were slightly behind the rest of the group. N was walking along with them.... no surprise, he had joined them much earlier than we had. Even though I already work for him and am ready for anything, I still feel a little guilty... and yet I haven't done anything lately. Maybe it's...

V
: J, are you still listening to me ?

J
: Aah ! Yes, of course ! C... did you say something ?

V
: Eh, nothing important...

Most of the complex is underground, so an above-ground entrance leads to a sort of observation deck. Below us we could see a sparse, but still, movement.

J
: Hm...

V
: Something wrong ?

J
: N-nothing.

V narrowed her eyes, looking at me.

V
: Rrrright. Listen J - I know before I was a bit of a crazy drone killing everything it encountered but I've changed. Plus, I'm under your command ! Plus plus - I am a woman drone, too ! You can tell me what's on your mind! Despite my altered circuits, I still have a good chance of understanding you... Propably.

My display screen have shown on a slight blush.

J
: A-alright. A... so there is one such boy....

V
: You have a crush on our boss, right ?

I covered V's mouth with my hand and looked towards the group moving away. They hadn't heard. Phew...

V forcefully took my hand away from her mouth.

V
: Oh... That bad! Wow, when did you've become so hopeless ?

I lowered my head. V patted me on the shoulder.

V
: Oh, don't be sad ! You know what - I'll help you !

J
: Huh ?

I raised my head.

J
: Help me with what exactly ?

V
: With winning his heart, of course !

J
: ...

I sped up my stride and rushed towards the main group.

J
: No, thank you !

V
: J, wai- and she's gone.

V shook her head.

V
: I'll help you with it, J. No matter if you'd like it or not. No pressure tho.

V casually joined the group, heading towards the bathhouse.

---

Ten minutes later

FLORIAN POV

FDL
: And this is life...

I sat in a huge tank of steaming, azure water. Apparently all the filtration had given it such an intense color. I relaxed and rested my elbows on the edge of the pool.

FDL
: It's so pleasant that it seems like a fever dream.... eh...

I will definitely be coming here more often.

RZM
: Agreed...

The four of us were relaxing in the same, HUGE tank built like Japanese baths. Or Roman - I'm not too familiar with bathhouses.

N
: I must say - this place is great !

RKN
: Further proof that you made the right decision, N.

Even Rodia was somehow calmer. He even lowered his "serious soldier" mask. It's about time. If I think about it... never mind.

FDL
: May this time last forever...

???
: I agree...

The four of us turned our heads towards the new drone that appeared out of nowhere in the pool with us.

Razumihin was stopping Razkolnikov from going into combat mode. N was... spooked.

???
: Wowowow... chill...

FDL
: Emm... Who are you?

THD
: I'm Thadin, but you guys can call me Thad.

FDL
: ...

I looked around.

FDL
: How did you get here ?

THD
: ...I've been with you from the very beginning...

FDL
: Oh...

For some reason I felt guilty.

---

At the same time.

J POV

I sat in the water up to my neck and relaxed in this non-holiday way. This water really works well on the systems... At least, that's what I think. I feel sleepy somehow... But I guess that's natural.

V
: Hm, it was worth it.

J
: Hm ?

I turned my head towards V.

V
: To join them. It was worth it.

I smiled slightly.

V
: So... Do you want to sneak a peak of then for a bit ?

J
: V !

V
: Relax... I was just jokin'. Other than that - it's not really possible.

V pointed at the wall separating the women's and men's sections. It was a solid metal wall without any holes.

V : You can at most eavesdrop. Oh, or we could...

J
: S-shut up, ok ?
V : Ok, geez...

Uzi
: And I thought I was the degenerate one....

Uzi said, sitting a little further away.

---

A few hours later

Around the orbit of Sirion B3

??? POV

???
: Hello ? Can you hear us ?

Controller drone
: Yes, you are already in orbit of the targeted planet. Estimated time of arrival : 2 days. We'll put the location in the signal.

???
: Understood. Do you need any additional data ?

Controller drone
: Please identify your crew.

???
: 12 people, all adults. Cargo : 3 tons.

Controller drone
: ...Information as indicated. Have a nice landing.

CONNECTION TERMINATED.

BEGINNING STABILIZATION OF TARGETED ORBIT.

...

STABILIZATION COMPLETED

ORBIT REACHED.

---

Hey guys !

Slightly shorter chapter a'la an addition between part 1 and 2.

I'll try to plan the next part more - as well as write down the main traits of all the characters so I don't have to keep going back to previous chapters for information I forgot. It's not a problem
now... but in the future?

That would be a chore.

Anyway, thanks for reading this not-so-important chapter in the larger context, and well - enjoy this spring moment ! Easter is coming soon !

-Furia512