Date-ing Protocols

The next day

FLORIAN POV

The ringing sound of the alarm clock echoed through the room, trying to wake... me up. I flopped down on my bed and struggled to press the shiny button on the panel, silencing the annoying sound. This is weird. It's only been what... Less than a month ?, and it feels like2 years have passed. I am internally tired, although my body is well rested.... I must ask Dr. Deus about this as soon as I have breakfast. Perhaps the composition of this planet's atmosphere is too toxic to humans.... Fucking prints in contracts ! I must admit, though, a lot has happened here lately... Like the drone recruitment from that base in the mountains...

---

RETROSPECTION

FLORIAN POV

UZI : Hit them with the unchanging truth, Flo !

I cringed at her calling me that, then continued my speech:

FDL :  Where was I ? Oh, yes ! Welcome, dear residents of this lovely colony ! My name is Florian DaLouc and I am... the new owner of this planet.

They froze in surprise.

FDL : I look forward to working with you~

RZM : Yo, welcome in the "good guys" team !

There was silence in the room.

...

..

.

Some random drone : Did he say "Florian DaLouc" ?

Oh fuck, not again !

SRD2 : No way... He's here!

SRD3 : He came to save us...

SRD4 : That's what he looks like... A-am I the only one who got weirdly hot ?

A wave of excitement swept over the drones, and I began to get anxious. I looked at my companions with a knowing gaze.

A gaze that meant-

SRD5 : Sir Florian ! Look here !

SRD6 : Lemme touch you~

SRD7 : Notice me, senpai~

-the imminent escape !

FDL : As much as I would like to stay...

I threw the bundle of documents so far stored in my pocket towards Uzi, who caught it with ease.

FDL : DeliveritsigneduptommorowmorningokBYE-.

I jumped on Razkolnikov's back, who have opened its wings.

SRD3 : Wait ! Don't go !

SRD6 : I haven't touched you yet !

SRD7 :purrs

Razkolnikov shot upwards like a cannon, bursting through the roof straight into the cold outdoor air. Razumihin winked at Mary and followed our lead.

FDL : Eh, why does this always happen...

RKN : You are popular, sir. It's natural for girls to check you out.

FDL : It is not the popularity that I desire. Because of such reactions, I couldn't even talk to them normally....

RZM : Cheer up, boss ! Surely you can find positives of popularity such as that. Think how much-

FDL : If you're going to make a sexual innuendo, then forget about it.

RZM : Meeh, you're no fun...

Razkolnikov sighed

RKN : Where to now, sir ?

FDL : Let's get back to base. I've had enough excitement for today...

---

UZI POV

I looked up at my comrades moving away. I don't mind that I was left behind - I'm probably the only one other drones didn't pay attention to. I turned towards my father, who was standing with his 'eyes' wide open staring into the hole left by their escape, trying to understand what had just happened. He had been standing like that for a few moments.

UZI : Dad...

Dad finally awoke form the trance, turning his head towards me.

UZI : ...we need to talk.

---

FTH : YOU DID WHAT ?!

UZI : What you heard. Once these documents are delivered, I'm going to employ myself there. I have no better alternatives anyway.

FTH : But... your future !

UZI : Stop saying the same "parenting" things over and over again. I know you love doors more than me !

FTH : Maybe... but !

UZI : No more talking. I have more important things to do...

I turned around and started heading towards the exit.