Through the smoke of progress

LANDING SITE : FOUND

LANDING IN

3

2

1

THUMP

FLORIAN POV

I watched as the transport I had ordered landed safely on the specially built landing pad. Apparently the days of leisure are finally coming to an end, huh? It's about time. I approached the lander and opened its hatch. After checking the contents, I turned to the guys standing right behind me, as if making sure nothing jumped on me.

FDL : Ok, gentlemen. Let's install the chargers first, then we can assemble these prefab drones. Then things 'll go downhill -.

As they said, so they did. The building closest to the landing pad was turned into a charger room, and the room next door was turned into drone assembly. Thanks to automatics ystems, which cost so much that it's unfavorable to talk about it, we can automatically assemble as well as repair damaged drones. Finally, we can deal with those heaps still towering over the surroundings.

The first drones have already been assembled and are looking at me with questioning eyes. So far there are 6 of them, 4 female and 2 male drones. I can't remember the names and it would be a problem anyway, so until one of them gets any kind of recogniton, his name will remain a secret. Such an interesting feature...

With a smile on my lips, I welcomed them to their new planet:

FDL : I welcome you dear ones to our new colony. My name is-

F1 : Florian DaLouc !

One of the women said my name, causing a stir among the rest of the drones. They all... know me? I was supposedly famous, but...

M1 : That means working here will be a dream !

F2 : OOOH ! Mr. Florian, can I have your autograph ?

F3 : Let me touch your... anything !

At that moment, Razkolnikov stepped between me and the crowd of fans, controlling the crowd from tearing me apart. From behind him, I spoke to the drones:

FDL : If you really want to do something for me, then start working. We have a lot to do today, so I would really like to-

ALL WORKER DRONES : LEAVE IT TO US

Well... At least they are motivated ?

Something feels like it will cause me headaches....

---

Our base is starting to look better and better - thanks to the extra manpower. The buildings we previously built have already been turned into basic facilities - including barracks for workers and.... all drones in total, a doctor's office (a doctor which I plan to assemble soon), an automatic mechanic, the above mentioned charger room and drone assembly room as well as a makeshift bar with a few tables, an oil pipe and quite a large selection of alcoholic beverages. Everyone knows that without a bar settlement has no right to exist, right? As you can see  - everything sped up, and the amount of mining equipment doubled. I've even started the first exports - filling the already unloaded lander with metal ! It was having a hard time getting off the ground, but according to reports, whether it would land was no longer my concern ,as I had already received payment. Those at the STAROWSKY station really wanted me to fill it in, so I didn't argue.