Take a breather !

A field of roses and my future possible aneurysm

FLORIAN POV

I walked through the endless field of roses, which, quite possible, are just another part of my mind. Thankfully I didn't pass out this time, but I was dreaming instead. That can mean I have a time limit now, I should-

LFD : YOU DID IT !

Something fast hit me in the back and enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug. If I could feel anything right now, it would've hurt.

LFD : YOU DID IT DID IT DID IT DID IT !

DFL : Yes, he certainly did it. And it went well, considering the possibilities...

I looked up to see another familiar persona standing above me. I guess those two would haunt my dreams whenever something important to me, eh, "character progression" happens.

Dlorian's eyebrows furrowed a little.

DFL : You know we could hear you, right ?

Maybe.

LFD : Eh, don'cha worry 'bout a thing, Florian ! I'm positive the next couple of weeks would give you the rest you so deeply need !

A little smile appeared on my face.

FDL : That's nice to hear, now GET OFF.

I forgot the rest of the dream.

---

Some time later...

Florian's bedroom

I woke up without a care of the world, feeling a somewhat familiar warmth on my side. I turned my head and noticed J, my, eh, how to say it, girlfriend, laying at my side, with her "heater" turned on. Night were quite cold, so I guess it's make sense. Oh, how thoughtful of her...

It's been only around 3 days since our "confessions", and I already start to wonder how I could live without her. I hope those feelings of joy won't die anytime soon. I... I've never felt more happy in my entire life and I hope J thinks so, too...

I wish I could say others were shocked at our love declaration, but, eh, they kinda expected it. They congratulated us and Razzie kept repeating "perfect matchmaker" for 5 hours straight, but that was about it. Life went on.

Now, to the more pressing matters...

A quiet, metallic knock could be heard from the room's entrance. I kissed J on the forehead and began quickly dressing myself.

FDL : Coming !

After a short while, I opened the door and met Rodia's soft yet calculating gaze.

RKN : Good morning, boss.

FDL : Morning, Rodia. Tell me, what do we have scheduled for today ?

I left the room and closed the door behind me.

RKN : Two interviews and a lunch with the United Nations work ethic representative. I'll let you in with the details.

FDL : Keep talking, then.

---

Twenty minutes later

RKN : And that's about it.

FDL : Hm, that means I can finish a little bit earlier today.