The journey to the middle (Part 2)

A little while later...

RAZKOLNIKOV POV

RKN : Follow the veins.

RZM : How they even-

UZI : Less talking, more RUNNING !

All of us - except of N and V of course - ran through the complex, following weird, black strings that somehow managed to take both Casimir and our boss into the vents. Thankfully those weird rubbery things are easily noticeable in a rather gray environment... Plus they produce heat signs...

Oh, hour into a mission and we already screwed up - it won't look good on our CV's. I hope we'll manage to find both of them before something drastic happens...

J already seems out of it... or maybe she's too focused on her task. I can understand her, I guess - I would react similarly if my dear would be in trouble.

Still... I feel uneasy in her company right now... My god, please, boss, be safe !

---

FLORIAN POV

...

..

.

SLAP

??? : Wakey wakey-

I could feel the impact on my cheek as I slowly got out of the trance. How did I even lost consciousness in the first place ?

Suddenly, I could feel a wave of rather dull pain from the back of my head.

Ah, right... I went face-first into a pipe... It won't look good on my CV.

??? : Confused, aren't you ?

I turned my head to look at my... capturer ? Captor ? Kidnapper.

He... She (?) was a rather short, orange-screened drone with... antlers on her head ? Really ? Other than that, she was, well, ordinary. If not for the... circumstances, I would assume she was rather stupid... or short-sighted on results.

CZ : Dawaj, kurwo ! Nie masz psychy by- (Come on, whore ! You don't have guts to-)

She put some cloth into Casimir's mouth who, while in a similar, tied up situation like mine, was cursing at an antler-drone in Polish with all his passion...

??? : Here you go ! Ugh, I should feel insulted, but I don't know what he was saying... Was it French ? Prench ? Trench ?

She turned HER head to me.

??? : Bench ?

FDL : I... don't know what you mean. Who are you ? What is this place ?

??? : Sh-sh-sh-

She put her weirdly sticky finger on my lips. She smelled like oil, which is NOT a good sign.

??? : Too many questions can burn your cords you... squishy drone ! Yeah, that's what you are, right ?!

Casimir was screaming through his gag.

ALI : Now, time for Alice to turn this firewall down... One little magnet...

I waited patiently as she put a rather big magnet up the side of my head.

ALI : Feeling better ? Now-

THUNK

Magnet fell off.

ALI : ...