Behind the closed doors...

The next day

FLORIAN POV

FDL : Even though we were only here yesterday, it feels like a few weeks have passed

RZM : I guess that's natural.... right?

RKN : A lot has happened in the last 24 hours.

The four of us - me, Razzie, Rodia and Uzi, were standing once again in front of a huge door growing as if from the wall of a mountain. Why had JcJenson decided to build their facility INSIDE the mountain instead of using the empty space that, according to reports, was practically everywhere? I didn't get enough information to understand that...

I stretched - today was one of those days where a person would want to stay in bed all day.

UZI : This... should I... ?

FDL : Yeah, open it up.

Uzi walked over to the terminal by the side of the door, then applied her card to it. It wasn't long before the closed door swung open revealing ANOTHER door behind it and.... "soldiers" in front of them playing cards.

Solider : I'm out boys, now leettt-

All the soldiers turned their heads towards me

Solider : -ttttssss RUN !

And... they ran. Behind another door, followed by another. Apparently they don't have much contact with other types of drones, what less with humans. I sighed, then walked over to the second pair of doors, examining them. These.... doors have a simpler design than I thought. I don't have a degree in engineering, but even to the naked eye you can see that opening such a door only requires wedging something in place to close it. A real locking door would tear the stuck object to shreds - which I thought was a scarier solution. I heard the story myself about the guy... Nevermind.

FDL : I wonder who would build such athing....

UZI : ...My father.

All three of us turned towards Uzi, waiting for her to finish her sentence.

UZI : ...Soooo... My father ! He's nuts about doors, people respect him, he thought I was a failure - you know, the classic father !

We all looked at Uzi concerned. He was... not a classic father. I mean, for those drones out there, whose have any father. Our moment of sympathy was interrupted by a sudden alarm siren.

After a few moments, the corridors were doused in red light, and we were, what more to say - on the border between surprised and annoyed.

UZI : Ugh... They activated the evacuation alarm... Dammit !

Razkolnikov walked up to another door.

FDL : Can you get around it somehow, Rodia ?

Rodia began looking at the touch screen, as well as the entire environment in general. He finally noticed something, or at least I thought he did.

RKN : There are wide vents on the ceiling, taking care of the air circulation in the facility. I guess one of us could squeeze through them and open the door from the other side.

Without hesitation Razumihin stood under the grille and spread his wings.

FDL : Apparently we have a volunteer...

RKN : Razzie, you don't have to, afterall-

RZM : Oh, shut up, Rodia ! You know yourself that you worked harder than all of us yesterday. Besides...you gotta look good on that date of yours, right ?