The Pulse (Beggining of Part 3)

Furia512 presents...

On the other world...

...Part 3...

RAZKOLNIKOV POV

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

I looked through a window at my boss, laying in a hospital bed. An uncountable number of pipes came out of his body, making him look more like a mannequin than human. His face had a peaceful expression, yet his skin was snowy white. A big, strange, machine stood next to his bed, continuously beeping. I guess it was his pulsometer, so that means he's still alive. I... hope he'll survive this attack. I don't know what should we do if he won't. I can only pray...

RZM : You think that he'll be alright ?

Next to me stood Razumihin - my companion and close friend. We were tasked with defending him and his well being. It seems that we failed.

RKN : Maybe.

Maybe.

Door to the room opened and Dr.Deuss emerged from them, visibly tired. Her face show some kind of determination, even with all that stress.

RZM : And ? How is he ?

Dr.Deuss : He will... live.

We both sighed in unison after hearing the news.

RZM : Thank goodness...

RKN : Were there any problems ?

Deuss looked at me like I was an idiot. Yes, that is the woman I love. Maybe it was the wrong question... She seems angry.

Dr.Deuss : Problems ? LOOK AT HIM ! HE LOOKED LIKE A NEW JERSEY SECTOR CLERK ! There wasn't ANYTHING but PROBLEMS !

I looked at her stone-faced, while Razzie was whimpering in fear. So, the usual.

RKN : I see... Care to elaborate ? We.. I want to know.

Dr.Deuss : I managed to patch his arm quite easily, but there were complications and... many infections. I have to connect all that aperture and work on him for 26 HOURS to make him stable. Now... He needs a rest... And so do I.

Razumihin looked through the window once again, full of sadness and anxiety.

RZM : How... long he'll be like this ?

Dr.Deuss : It's some high-quality tech, so... a week, perhaps ? Only time will tell... He's in a state similar to a coma.

RZM : Oh my...

I stood there, silent. We failed... We failed so... much. Maybe we were to careless...

RKN : Hm...

Dr.Deuss : You're holding it well, I see. That's... good, no time for sadness. To be honest, though...

Dr.Deuss looked through the glass and my... at Florian.