The Date (Part 2)

Somewhere on Earth...

MR. JCJENSON POV

I was sitting in some random, low-class, dirty, hideous BUT cheap taxi, leading me to a certain location... A location where all will be different. I left behind the New York metropolitan area and now I'm in the middle of the Appalachia, heading west towards a... well, a certain location in the Four Corners area... I'll be there for a couple of days, but the law enforcement shouldn't find me that far from luxuries. I have an urge to go yacht shopping, but I was raised better than that. I might be a bankrupt law-chased man, but not for long...

The only thing I have in my heart is rage. You did this to me, Florian.

I might be too old for this shit...

But I'll make an exception for you.

...

..

.

I hope my daughter hasn't been discovered yet.

I have to contact them.

---

Some sidewalk on Sirius B3

FLORIAN POV

J and I walked with our hand intervene. The journey to the restaurant was a short one, but definitely eventful. The restaurant, interestingly called "Under the UNs", was grandly-opened and, looking that it was the sole quality-food serving station in the whole world with the exception of the base's Canteen and the Bar, it instantly became a hotspot for almost everyone. Maybe due to the fact that they were serving luxurious alcohol cocktails there...

During our short walk, we were constantly bugged by a multitude of personas - some journalists asking for a couple of words, some paparazzi, some politicians trying to make their names... The whole bunch. I won't judge them for it though - It was my first public sighting with J and... I guess being in a relationship with a drone was still pretty taboo. Some might even say it was a mésalliance. I was used to it due to, you're not gonna believe this, being a CEO of a big company, but J was completely unprepared. She DID try to answer most of the questions, but I could feel that it was too much for her.

I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and look into her eyes. She gave me a little grin as we entered the restaurant.

"Under the UNs" was a very elegant restaurant. Golden cutlery, velvet tablecloths, chairs made of wood... All that would give you this rich-esque feeling.

It wasn't big though...

As we walked through the door, we were met with rows and rows of occupied tables and a LOT, LOT of people, now silently staring at us as if some kind of vinyl record stopped spinning. J, for some reason, decided to hide behind my back. I guess she's not accustomed to the crowds...I guess she'll get over it eventually, but for now, shyness overcame her.

I looked at the... Table Master and gave him a knowing grin. He grinned back as he lead us to the special room....

The luxurious one !

"The luxurious one" was a restaurant room made with luxurious dinners with important officials and special conferences in mind. Let's call it a pet project of mine... and man, it is, indeed, luxurious. Jewelry coating, amber-plated walls, crystal glasses, silken tablecloths and, you know, other ridiculously expensive stuff that I forgot to mention.

J was, expectantly, awestruck, looking around this huge room with a slack jawed expression.

Suddenly, she turned to me with some kind of guilty expression.