Avneil's big argument

Start from the beginning

Neil was looking at her. Neil looked into her eyes and was shocked. Neil looked down and Avni was looking at him. She holds Neil's hand in her hands.

Avni: Neil.

Neil looked at her. He looked down.

Neil: n, no.

Neil takes his hand back.

Neil: no, I don't want to listen to what you want to say. Please don't do this to me.

Neil got up and turns his face. Avni got up she goes to him.

Avni: Neil, at least listen to me.

Neil: no, I am sleepy and you also must be tired so sleep. We will talk tomorrow.

Neil was going to his side of the bed.

Avni: Neil, tomorrow never comes.

Neil stopped.

Avni: It is always a tomorrow. We have to talk about it today, now.

Neil did not turn to her.

Neil: And I don't want to talk about it. Good night.

Neil was about to move.

Avni: till when we will turn the face from reality? Till when we will sit in the name of hope? Till when we will bear this pain? Till when? Did you have any answers to my questions?

Neil remains silent. Avni comes to him.

Avni: why are you silent? Answer me? Did you have any answers to my questions?

Neil shouts: no, I don't have any answer to your questions but what you want, I can't do this. I can't.

Neil shook his head emotionally. Neil cups her face and gaps.

Neil: I can't. Please don't do this to me, please. Please, don't put me in this dilemma. I can't even think of anyone else except you. Please understand, please.

Avni jerks his hand. Neil was shocked.

Avni: you understand Neil. Three years, for three years we have been trying for a baby but what we get, is only got disappointment.

Neil: if we are facing disappointment that doesn't mean that we will face it in future too. We will find some way.

Avni: we have a way, and that is the only way.

Neil cuts her.

Neil: and my answer is no. Avni, I am a doctor so don't tell me the options and I know very well about it. We have other ways than second marriage. Doctors suggest surrogacy and other ways but I am also a human being with that and I want our baby by us, by our union, I want our baby to be the sign of our love. If our baby will come into this world then it will be through us and that's it.

Avni: Neil, don't be stubborn. What is the guarantee that I will get pregnant in the future? Ok, let's, let's just assume that I will get pregnant then what is the guarantee that the baby will come into this world. Did you forget what the doctor said? She said I am too weak to carry a baby.

Neil: miracles can happen.

Avni looked away. Neil looked at her and holds her arms.

Neil: be positive. Everything will be fine.

Avni gets angry she jerks his hands away.

Avni: stop it, Neil, just by saying, be positive, be positive, things can not get resolved. Neil, how can we be so selfish we are just thinking about ourselves what about our family. They are not saying that doesn't mean that they don't crave for the baby.

Neil looked away in anger.

Avni: and what do you think, I don't know that you also want a baby but are suppressing your wish. Neil, think our one decision can give happiness to everyone.

Neil: and that one decision will ruin our life.

Neil cups her face.

Neil: Avni, I love you and I can't give your place to anyone else. Baby will come into this world when I will accept someone else when you are in my heart then how can I accept someone else. Avni, you are not only my wife, you became a part of mine, part of my soul.

Avni: Neil, when we got married that time we also didn't love each other yo...

Neil tightens the grip on her face and shouts.

Neil: no means no, I am not going to do that. Got it.

Neil looked at Avni angrily who was looking at him.

Neil: Avni, try to understand, when we got married that time situation was different now I am married then how can I marry someone else?

Avni: but after giving me divorce you can marry someone else.

Neil got angry. He grabbed her face tightly.

Neil: no. Neither I will give you a divorce nor will marry someone else.

Neil leaves her.

Neil: You want a baby, fine we will adopt a child. I have talked to some orphanage owners and they asked us to visit there.

Avni: Neil, I respect your decision but what about that phase when a lady gets pregnant and the couple goes for sonography, they see the baby, they feel the baby, they hear the heartbeat of the baby. What about that happiness when a baby kicks the mother and she enjoyed that. A father waits for a baby for nine months that wait also have its own charm, a completely different excitement. And when that wait gets over when a father carries his child in his arm that moment has a different story, a new emotion, a new bond and a woman forget her all pain just by seeing her baby. Neil, it is not a day, it, it is a complete journey.

Neil was looking at her and Avni was saying that with moist eyes. Avni looked at Neil she keeps her hair behind her ear and squeezed her nose.

Avni: Neil, I can't get the chance to experience this journey but you can experience it please don't waste your time on me.

Neil cups her face.

Neil: you are right, Avni but I want to experince that phase with you and we will get that chance. Just be positive. Please, please try to understand.

Avni looked at him. She keeps his hands away.

Avni: Neil, you are not understanding.

Avni sat on the bed. Neil sat beside her.

Neil: Avni, you understand. Avni and Neil are inseparable. Neil is nothing without Avni, nothing. His strength is Avni, his life is Avni. This, this heart beats by your name, Neil is nothing with his Avni, I am nothing without you.

Avni looked at him with teary eyes.

Avni: but Neil.

Neil: Avni, pleasee.

Avni squeezed her eyes and got up.

Avni: no, you have to forget me.

Neil gets angry. He got up.

Neil: Avni, listen to me carefully and keep that in your mind and lock it, I will not marry anyone. If our baby will come into this world then it will be through us, you and me. Our baby will come by our union else we will adopt a child. Got it.

Avni was looking at him. Neil glared at her and turns to go. Neil stopped at the door. He said without turning to Avni.

Neil: and one thing more. Don't you dare to put pressure on me by starving yourself or by food strike. This emotionally blackmailing will not work this time if you will not eat I will also not eat.

Neil turns to her. Avni was looking at him.

Neil: the pain you will give to yourself, twice, thrice of that pain I will give to myself so don't you dare to try the silly things.

Avni was looking at him. Their eyes lock. Neil goes, Avni looked at him with teary eyes.