Marriage functions

Chapter 40:

It was the time of the evening, people were decorating a venue with lights and flowers. A man kept the carpet on the floor and rolls it open. People were doing their work fastly. A board was kept on the floor by the wall and Avni and Neil's sangeet was written on that.

One month had passed, Avni was much better now so they decided the marriage date. In this one month, Avni and Ashish did not talk and things were like before. Avni spend her time mostly in her room and start going to the office to change her mind though Avni and Neil argued about that, but at last, Neil understood that she is doing this to avoid the family drama so he agreed with her but asked her to be careful and take care of herself.

Arnav and Aman were checking the arrangements. Arnav saw Avni's manager and goes to him.

Arnav: all the arrangements are done?

Manager: yes Sir, ma'am instruct the team and is checking every single side. All is going well.

Arnav: ok but check all the arrangements again. There should be no flaws it is Event planner Avni Mehta's sangeet function.

Manager: we know Sir, don't worry you will not get any chance to complain.

They heard the footsteps and Arnav turns he saw Avni is coming. Aman also comes to them to see Avni.

Arnav: what are you doing here? You should be at home today is your sangeet.

Avni: relax Bhai, I will get ready on time. I just came to check the arrangements. I don't want to give any chance to Maddy Bua to taunt me.

Aman: whatever you do, she will taunt you. It is her work.

Avni: yes, Teri kharus saas.

Arnav smiles.

Aman: really and yours?

Avni: she is a sweetheart. She called me her daughter, not like your Hitler mother-in-law.

Arnav: ok enough of it now stop.

Avni looks around and saw the decorations.

Avni: what is that?

Manager and all look at the area where Avni was pointing.

Manager: ma'am flowers.

Avni: really! Thank you for informing me I didn't know that. There is one flower of a different colour. Why yellow flower is there? and that pot, it should be there, not here what are you doing?

Manager: ma'am I did not see that flower. I am sorry. I am asking the man to change it.

Aman: Di, ab sab ki nazar Avni Mehta ki tarha sharp nahi ho sakti na.

Avni: Teri saas ki hai na.

Aman makes a face and Arnav smiles.

Arnav: Avni, it is a minor flaw no one will notice it.

Avni: no Bhai, it is not a small thing. It is a question of my credibility. I can't take it lightly. I want everything perfect.

Arnav: ok.

Avni goes to check every corner and made the changes when she was satisfied then she sighs deeply to see that and smiles.

Arnav: now everything is done you go and get ready; guests will come after some time.

Avni nods and goes.

Later, the Khanna family was standing in the venue and Arnav was present there. The Mehta family had arrived and Neil's eyes were finding Avni. She comes and Neil's lost to see her.