43

Chapter 43- Prom Night
Natalie

"I'm sorry, what?" I questioned as I slammed my locker shut and glared at Betty and my brother as they stood by me and Sweet Pea in the corridor.

"You want to summon the Gargoyle King?" Sweet Pea asked, crossing his arms as he disliked the idea more then me.

"That's exactly what we want to do" Betty nodded.

"No way" I shook my head. The Gargoyle King wanted me dead. There was no way I was letting him anywhere near me.

"Nat, there's a man under that costume" Jughead sighed, he took in my paranoid figure. Sweet Peas hand joined mine as his embrace around me gave me a shield of protection. "If we follow what the Gospel says, the Gargoyle King will have no other choice but to show up, and then we can find out who it really is under that mask"

"Jughead, I don't think I can-" I mumbled.

"Please, Natalie" Betty pleaded.

"I have your back" Jughead added as he pulled a half smile.

"And" Sweet Pea started as he turned my face to face his. "You have me and the serpents. You'll always have me"

"I don't like it but fine" I nodded, agreeing. "I can speak to both gangs, get them to our Swords and Serpents classroom"

"You have everyone as protection this time, Nat" Jughead reminded me. "He's a fool if he thinks he can get to you without being noticed"

"I know" I nodded slowly.

"And you'll have me" Jughead added as he pulled me into a hug. "I won't let anything else happen to you"

I nodded in agreement. This led to a meeting with both gangs in an empty classroom. It was clear the tension between the two gangs were tight. However this wasn't time for a gang war with each other.

"Serpents, Poisons, we have a proposition for you" I started as I looked around at both gangs. I was sat at the front desk, Sweet Pea on my left side and Betty and Jughead on my right.

"The Pretty Poisons don't take orders from you" Peaches pointed out.

"Please Peaches" Betty started with a sigh. "We're talking about a Prom Night Truce"

"So we can all work together to catch the Gargoyle King" I added with a sigh as I crossed my arms.

"How does that sound?" Betty asked.

"The Poisons can get behind that" Peaches agreed.

"Okay, during prom, groups of you will be stationed at every entrance" I informed the group. "Once the announcement for Prom Queen begins, you guys are gonna bar anyone from exiting the gym"

"Whoever is cosplaying as the Gargoyle Kings is gonna be there" Jughead reminded. "It's our one shot at nabbing him"

"Will he be in costume?" Peaches asked.

"Maybe" I answered. "Maybe not. At the minimum, he'll have some sort of kingly signifier, like a crown, or antlers, and the like. He's gonna make his move after Betty is crowned Prom Queen"

"Let's end this nightmare" Betty sighed. "Once and for all"

Betty and Jughead stuck their hands out and waited for the two groups to join. The Poisons glanced at Peaches who stood up and the rest followed and they placed their hands on top of Jughead's and Betty's. The Serpents glanced at me, looking for confirmation on this deal. I nodded and me and Sweet Pea placed our hands on top of Peaches. The serpents piled their hands on the others and we all nodded to each other on the plan.