18

Chapter 18- The Jones Reunited
Natalie

"Hiram Lodge, huh?" Mom sighed as she sat around a fire with me, Archie and Jellybean. Archie and I had filled my Mom out with everything that had recently happened with Archie. "That good-looking short stack was always trouble. But why go after Archie?"

I glanced at Archie and sighed. "Archie was the only one who stood up to him, defied him"

"Not to mention, I also date- dated his daughter" Archie added. Mom groaned, as she rolled her eyes and then she chuckled. Jellybean piped up, smiling as she looked at Archie.

"Dated? As in, no longer dating? As in single?" She asked excitedly.

"Relax, Jellybean" I sighed as I grinned at my sister.

"It's JB now" Jellybean snapped back at me. I scoffed as I looked back to Mom.

"Archie... have you spoken to your dad through this?" Mom asked the red head.

Archie looked down then up, sighing. "I wish. I wish I could see him...tell him how I'm doing, but it's too risky. He'd drag me home by the collar. Riverdale's not where I need to be"

"Pigs ready!"

"All right, you heard the guy. Archie, go get yourself a hot meal" Mom said as she looked at Archie with a smile. "The cheeks the best part" Archie stood up along with Jellybean and they left to go get food leaving me alone with my Mom.

"All right, so... tell me about this game thing, that you and Archie are mixed up in. Gryphons and Gargoyles. How involved with this are you?" Mom asked me, turning slightly serious.

"It's more than a game. It had larger implications for Riverdale. Myself and Archie are created characters, the Red Paladin and Silver Snake. We just need to figure out whose behind all of this" I muttered.

"Well, Hiram, it sounds like. Is he the one behind those scars you got?" Mom questioned.

I sighed. "Pretty much. But it was mainly Penny... Riot Night"

"That wench. She always had a beef about your father and I. Now she does this? Cuts up my daughter? You know, I never wanted this for you, kid. I mean, you're a Serpent Queen. I never wanted you in the damn gang" Mom muttered in a slightly angry and annoyed tone.

"Don't..." I started. "Act all high and mighty. You left me remember? Okay. So I'm sorry I didn't quite listen to the rules you and Dad had about the Serpents but when I was left to fend for myself, yeah, I relied on the serpents because they were all I had left that I could call family because the one I actually decided to break apart!" I snapped. I stood up, glaring at Mom who looked shocked.

"Nat-" She stuttered, lost for words at my outburst.

"I'm not going to have you start trying to control my life when you walked out of it" I muttered before I walked away.

I was left alone, walking around scrapped and abandoned cars when a hand grabbed my neck and I was pulled into the hold of Penny Peabody. Just as I was talking about her she shows up.

"Surprised to see me, Princess?" She asked as she held a knife to my throat. "There's a bounty on your head since your helping Red, and it wasn't hard to to guess you'd come running here. So, keep quiet and tell me where Andrews is!?"

"Let me go bitch!" I spat as I tried to pull out of her hold.

"Keep that pretty mouth of yours shut and I'll give you the luxury of an open casket" Penny muttered.

"Not if I put you in one first!" Yelled Jellybean. Penny forced me around and we faced Jellybean who held a slingshot pointing right at Penny.

"Drop the butter knife, bitch" Jellybean muttered.