39

Chapter 39- Gunshots & Blood
Natalie
TW Warning

It had been a whole week and a half since I had awoken in the hospital after being shot. My routine everyday was the same cycle that was continuous. Being trapped in a room 24/7 was draining me and the boredom was a whole other level of misery and pain. Fangs was the one person that tried his best to make his visits fun and was the only person who wasn't being strict on me or controlling. He had been shot himself in the past so he knew what it was like and could relate to the continuous boredom that would grow on me.

I was never alone. Fangs wasn't allowed to leave the room unless someone else was there. It would swap around to who was my visitor and sometimes it was more then one person. Sweet Pea was the person who was mostly beside me. Every night he'd be my nightly guest. Meanwhile I knew my dad and brother were busy trying to hunt Kurtz down since he was able to escape that night. Sweet Pea was the one who seemed more desperate for Diego to be found.

"This sucks" I mumbled as I placed my phone down beside me.

"You keep saying" Sweet Pea scoffed.

"You try being stuck in a hospital bed. You try feel the boredom and pain I'm feeling" I snapped at him. I watched as his gaze left mine and I was quick to realise I'd hurt his feelings.

"I'm sorry" I quickly apologised.

"I know your not liking this. You just need to be patient" Sweet Pea sighed. His gaze was back on me and I pecked his lips.

"Can you buy me a chocolate milkshake from Pops?" I asked him with a smile. "I could really do with one" The hospital food wasn't the best and the drinks were even worse.

"Of course. Let me see if Fangs can cover me while I'm gone" Sweet Pea said as he pulled out his phone.

"No. Don't bother Fangs. I'll just be in the shower and by the time I'm done you'll be back" I tried to convince him. I knew though Sweet Pea was difficult to convince.

"He'll be fine" Sweet Pea sighed.

"Sweet Pea" I mumbled.

"No. You don't know. Diego could come in here when your in the shower and I don't even want to think of what he can do to you" Sweet Pea said as he put his phone in his pocket. "Fangs is on his way"

"Fine" I said rolling my eyes.

Within ten minutes Fangs arrived and Sweet Pea left. Fangs noticed my distress and annoyance and decided to question it.

"You okay?" He asked as he sat beside me on the bed.

"Everyones just so worried about me. I can't even go a few minutes alone" I scoffed.

"I'm just doing my job. If you want a few minutes I can go" Fangs shrugged.

"What and let Sweet Pea flip out and go crazy" I laughed. I stopped laughing, noticing the sharp pain in my chest as I inhaled.

"Well I want to go to the vending machine so" Fangs shrugged as he stood up and walked to the door. "I'll walk slow" He left and I rolled my eyes with a smile. I stood up, grabbing my shoes from beside the bed. I was able to wear my own clothes which had made me feel better but still not enough to make me enjoy my time here. I slid my shoes on with a slight struggle and grabbed my serpent jacket and phone.

I left the room, once checking I knew no one around. I went to the reception when I knew the front lady was someone who hadn't seen me. I walked up to her and she smiled.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"Could I have some release papers please?" I asked with the same energised smile as her.