36

Chapter 36- Big Fun
Natalie

"Greetings Heathers family" Kevin greeted the cast from the stage as we sat in chairs. I sat beside Sweet Pea as he had his arm around me. Some how we'd been convinced to join this years musical show and I don't think Sweet Pea likes the idea very much but he's doing it for me.

"Before we start today there's been a slight change to our creative team. You all know Evelyn Evernever has been helping me produce the musical. But I've also asked Evelyn to keep up and be my co-director" Kevin said with a smile as Evelyn stood up.

Evelyn jumped up onto the stage, smiling proudly beside Kevin. "Yay. So fun" she chuckled.

"What? Kevin. No. You always direct the musical alone" Betty exclaimed. I knew Betty had some problem with Evelyn and her Farmie group but I didn't know all the details.

"Which has been incredibly stressful, Betty" Kevin sighed. "Especially after last years events"

"Can we just not talk about Midge, Please?" Fangs sighed. Fangs was sat in front of us and his tone of voice was sad and even Sweet Pea glanced at me.

"Now, how about we do a rundown of everybody's parts, catch Evelyn up to speed?" Kevin said, glancing briefly at her.

"I'm playing Veronica Sawyer. Outcast, turned Heather, turned outcast again" I sighed, speaking first.

"Hi, I'm Sweet Pea. Um, I'm playing JD, Veronica Sawyers bad-boy love interest" Sweet Pea announced smirking at me.

"Cute" Fangs whispered glancing at us and winking before turning away.

"Reggie Mantle, aka jock Ram Sweeney. Gonna bro it up with my bud Arch, here. Just two single straight dudes, doing some theatre" Reggie spoke up.

Everyone looked across to Reggie and Archie and we gave them both the same odd look.

"Given how much dancing there is in Heathers" Kevin continued. "Evelyn and I felt we should bring on a choreographer,  so, give a Heathers hello to Riverdales resident Fly Girl, Toni Topaz"

Toni walked out and we all clapped for her except Cheryl. Which I was confused about.

"Everything in your lives matters. There are universal truths within each of your personal experiences. A you inside of me, a me inside of you" Evelyn spoke in a soothing tone as I along with the rest of the cast laid on my back with my ankles crossed and my hands resting on my stomach. I was between Sweet Pea and Fangs although Fangs couldn't keep still so I kicked him a few times.

"In rehearsal, we are going to explore our own personal traumas and experiences, and exorcise them though our art" Evelyn continued.

"All right" Kevin interrupted, clapping loudly. "Cheryl, Veronica, Betty, 'Candy Store', set and costumes are ready. Go get changed"

Sweet Pea pulled me up off the floor and we walked together with Fangs back to the auditorium. We went and sat in the audience while Cheryl, Betty and Veronica were getting changed into their costumes.

"So, this number is about the Heathers' undeniable power. Each of you can get anything you want at  any time. So, really unleash that force"

"We'll start with some simple steps" Toni spoke, standing up and walking towards Cheryl.

"Yeah, we got it, thanks" Cheryl snapped without looking at Toni.

"Uh, Toni has some fantastic choreo" Kevin said in shock of Cheryl's rudeness to Toni.

"How very" Cheryl spoke again sounding quite unamused. "But my Heathers and I have worked out our own choreography"

"Come on, Cheryl" Toni snapped trying to be the bigger person. "I'm trying to be professional here. Can you not?"