24

Chapter 24- Nightmares & Panic Attacks
Natalie

I groaned as Betty placed an ice pack on my cheek. Betty already cleaned the cut that had appeared on my forehead after I had smacked my head onto the rocks and she had wiped my lip that I had cut open during one of my falls.

Archie had done nothing but pace back and fourth in the living room of his own house as the silence between the us became so much unbearable.

"Can someone just say something!?" I groaned as I ached and was exhausted.

"Maybe we can start by questioning why the Gargoyle King would send his men after Nat" Betty suggested. "Did any of them say anything to you?"

"No" I lied as I looked between Betty and Archie.

"Arch?" Betty questioned as she startled the red head out of his thoughts.

"Hm?" Archie mumbled as he looked at us both.

"Any thoughts?" Betty asked him.

"What you thinking about?" I questioned.

"I'm thinking about how if me and Betty didn't find you then you could be dead right this second. That was their goal, to kill you. To kill the silver serpent" Archie blurted rather quickly as he ran his hand through his hair.

"You think they actually wanted to kill Nat?" Betty asked.

"Probably" I shrugged.

"Yes" Archie nodded.

I sighed. Apart from my head pounding there was something else that was really hurting. My waist and stomach. It felt sore and uncomfortable as I sat up. I winced slightly as I tried to stand up and Betty glanced at me with suspicion as she watched me.

"You okay?" Betty questioned.

"Yeah. Just going to the bathroom" I replied as I walked away.

I reached the bathroom and as I stood in front of the sink looking into the mirror above it I gripped tightly on to the sink, my hands turned red by how strong my grip was and I only just wanted to scream due to the overwhelming sensation of pain I was feeling.

My hand shook as I gripped the bottom of my shirt. I lifted it up and my eyes widened as I stared at the many bruises and cuts that had formed along my waist and stomach.

"Oh my gosh!" Betty gasped which made me jump as I spun around and dropped my shirt so the bruises were covered. 

"Betty-" I gasped.

"They done that!?" Betty exclaimed loudly as she walked over to me and attempted to lift my shirt. I slapped her hand which made her take a step back and I sighed as I turned my back to Betty.

"Don't tell Archie" I whispered as I finally looked back at Betty. "Or Jughead or even my dad for that matter"

"Natalie that could be serious... you could have damaged I don't know, maybe your ribs!" Betty snapped as she looked at me with a worried look.

"I'll be fine" I lied as I went to walk past Betty but Betty grabbed my wrist and stopped me. 

"Let me take you home" Betty offered.

"It's like midnight, Betty" I sighed.

"You can sleep here" Archie offered as he appeared in the doorway of the bathroom. "I have a spare pullout bed from when Jughead used to sleep here"

"I don't want to get in the way..." I mumbled.

"Don't be stupid. She'll stay" Betty sighed as she pulled a small smile. "You can rest up here"