14

Chapter 14- Archie In Hiding
Natalie

We all watched as Toni helped clean Archies wounds on the bed of the bunker. Betty, Josie, Kevin and Reggie came down soon later, revealing they had helped get Archie out.

"Jughead told me you turned up" Betty said, looking up at me. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah...couple days ago" I sighed.

"Did they just let you go without saying anything?" Veronica questioned as she walked over.

"Warden Norton just told me it was an order" I sighed.

"There. You are all patched up" Toni spoke up making everyone turn to Archie. "Don't make any sudden movements"

"I won't. Thanks, Toni" Archie said weakly. Veronica walked over, sitting on the edge of the bed, taking Archies hand into hers.

"Who did that to you, Archie?" Veronica asked him, referring to his stab wound.

"It was Joaquin. He stabbed me" Archie sighed. "I think the Warden made him do it" Kevin looked hurt by that and Jughead glanced over at me and even Fangs and Sweet Pea were surprised.

"Guys, where the hell am I?" Archie questioned looking around the bunker.

"Your in Dilton Doiley's bunker" Jughead replied.

"The only people who know it exists are in this room" Betty sighed. "Right now it's the safest place in Riverdale for you, I promise"

"Dilton Doiley had a bunker?" Archie questioned in surprise. Everyone smiled at his confused look.

"We'll catch you up to speed once you're rested, okay?" Veronica said as she placed her hand on his side. Her expression changed as she spotted something. She pulled the cover that was over Archie down a little. "Archie?" She revealed a burn wound. It was a symbol, similar to the one I had. "What is that on your hip?" She questioned.

"Courtesy of Warden Norton" Archie mumbled. "To put me in my place, after I tried to escape the first time"

"Nat got one too" Jughead mumbled, glancing at me.

"You got branded?" Veronica questioned.

"Yeah" I sighed, placing a hand on my hip. "There was loads of symbols around in Juvie. I think they were part of G&G"

"Dilton and Ben had them on their backs" Jughead added. "So the Warden branded you, and ordered Joaquin to stab you?"

"Can I have everyone's attention??" Veronica asked. Everyone looked at her, circling around Archie and her.

"Since my father saw me. I need to go do some damage control on the home front. But someone needs to stay with Archie, at all times" Veronica said.

"Ronnie, I don't need anyone-" Archie tried to speak but Veronica spoke over him.

"Yes. You do" Veronica said in a stern voice.

"You go ahead, V. Jughead and I will take the first shift" Betty offered.

"Excellent" Veronica nodded. "Now, equally important... everyone in this room is part of a pact. From this moment on, no one knows where this bunker is. No one was involved with that breakout. And no one is aware of Archies whereabouts. To the grave. Capiche?"

Everyone nodded, agreeing in silence.

________

Me and Sweet Pea were sat in a booth at Pop's. It was late and quiet so we took it as the best time to go. Pop's brought over our milkshakes, smiling at us as he walked away.