25

Chapter 25- Revealing The King
Natalie

I planned a meeting with the Serpents to inform them of the plan for capturing the gargoyle king. Everyone was in agreement for the plan and so now we just had to wait for the following night.

"Did you understand anything in that math lesson?" Questioned Reggie as he watched me close my locker. I shook my head which hurt due to the cut on my forehead. I had covered it up by my hair by not having time to cover it with makeup so I just hoped it didn't catch anyones attention. How wrong I was however.

"What's that on your head?" Reggie asked me suddenly.

I glanced at Reggie who had caught sight of the wound. Panic hit me and I struggled to think of an explanation by the time he'd grabbed my face and had moved the strands of hair out of the way so he could see.

"Nat!?" He gasped loudly. I flinched by the uprise in his tone of voice.

"It's nothing... don't worry" I lied as I pulled his hands away.

"Doesn't look like nothing. Who did it!?" Reggie snapped.

"No one" I lied again as I watched the level of anger rise in him.

"Was it Fangs? Or Sweet Pea!?" Reggie questioned.

"No. No I just fell... in fox forest" I said in a rush of panic. "I'm fine though"

"Did you get it checked out?" Reggie questioned. I shook my head in response. "Maybe we should-"

"No I'll be okay. Thank you though" I said as I pushed past him and kept walking even though I could hear my name being called in the distance. I hurried past the crowds of people, keeping my head down as I walked into the empty art classroom.

I dropped my bag down and I sighed heavily as I held the edge of the table. My heart was beating extremely fast and I could feel myself begin hyperventilating. My eyes filled with tears as I started pacing back and fourth trying to calm down but by myself it wasn't working.

"Nat?" I knew the voice. Sweet Pea.

I kept my head down as I spoke. "Go away" My voice broke as I spoke and I heard the classroom door close but Sweet Pea was still there.

"Are you okay?" Sweet Peas soft voice sounded comforting but I couldn't think like that anymore since we were no longer dating and we both were dating different people.

"I can't breathe-" I gasped.

"Hey... hey" Sweet Pea rushed over as I started to shake my hand in fear of suffocating.

"I can't-" I gasped out again.

Sweet Pea held my face in his hands and examined the tears in my eyes and then he looked at the wound on my head. He didn't point it out in case it stressed me out more so in stead he held me gently in his arms, my head was on his chest and I could feel his own heart beating in his chest.

"Copy my breathing for me...okay?" Sweet Pea whispered. "Slowly..."

I nodded and attempted to follow his breathing pattern and after a few moment of breathing with him I had finally calmed down and was out of his arms.

"How many panic attacks have you had?" Sweet Pea asked in a worried tone.

"Uh... now three" I mumbled.

"Recent?" Sweet Pea asked.

"The first one was a while back when we first broke up" I answered.

Sweet Pea watched as I walked back to the table and with a moment of forgetting he was there, I lifted my shirt slightly to check my bruises but it was lifted enough so that Sweet Pea saw them too.