42

Chapter 42- Prom?
Natalie

"Stop acting like an entitled brat all the time!" Dad slurred as he slammed yet another empty beer bottle down on the kitchen counter. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed my jacket.

"I am not the selfish one choosing alcohol over family" I scoffed.

"Of course. Your only making trouble for yourself" Dad mumbled.

"Whatever" I sighed. "You know I stayed because I believed you'd get better. Now I'm starting to doubt my own self"

"Maybe you should listen to others for once instead of acting like a self centred know it all" Dad muttered as he glared at me.

"Yeah, well at least I'm not the one getting teenagers to do my dirty work, or starting fights over tiny stupid things. Hey, and at least I'm not black mailing people!" I spat.

Without warning, dad grabbed the empty beer bottle and threw it in my direction. I ducked, causing me to fall back into the the coffee table, right as glass smashed all around me into tiny pieces. I had used my hand to shield my face but it hadn't worked as I felt the sharp shard of glass sticking into my cheek. I gasped in pain as I pulled the bloody piece out and my fingertips dripped with blood.

I stood up, looking horrified at dad and my hope for him was now gone. I shook with fear before speaking.

"What happened to never hitting your kid?" I scoffed.

"Keep your damn mouth shut!" Dad yelled in my face as he slammed me against the wall, catching my lip with the sharp ring on his finger. He released me and stormed out of the trailer, leaving me paralysed in shock.

My knees collapsed beneath me and I fell to the floor, crying out as my heart broke.

I sat up with a startle, clutching my chest as my eyes filled with tears. God I hated nightmares.

"Baby?" Sweet Pea questioned in a groggy voice.

"I'm fine" I lied as I lowered myself back down into his arms.

"Hm? Are you sure?" He asked in a whisper.

"Yeah" I sighed.

I felt Sweet Peas fingers brush through my hair and his lips connecting with my neck. As his kisses became more rough and desperate I joined my lips with his as I leaned on top of him, resting a hand on his chest and another on the pillow, beside his head. Sweet Pea flipped us over, my body under his has he kissed my neck roughly, holding my waist in place whilst I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Are you sure?" Sweet Pea whispered as his eyes met mine.

"Yeah" I gasped before I pulled his lips back onto mine.

________

"How are you feeling?" I asked JB as we were together in the kitchen the following morning after Sweet Pea had left after our night together.

"You mean, considering that Mom abandoned me?" She asked sarcastically.

I sighed as I snaked my arms around her and hugged her from behind.

"She didn't abandon you" I corrected. "Actually Mom leaving town is probably the most selfless thing she's ever done"

"I've never lived anywhere without her" Jellybean sighed sadly.

"Well, I'm glad you decided to stay" I whispered with a smirk. "We can get to know each other better. Build a better sibling relationship along with Jughead"