26

Chapter 26- Just Lovers
Sweet Pea

AN: Serious Topics mentioned so read if only comfortable with TW topics.

I couldn't forget about last night. I kept questioning who this Diego person was and what his and Natalie's history was. It clearly wasn't good as Natalie avoided even mentioning him so I would drop it.

But as I held her asleep in my arms, I played with her soft hair to attempt to wake her up. I watched as she moved a little, her eyes scrunching up and then opening slowly to where she looked adorable.

"Morning beautiful" I whispered as she gazed at me and her pink lips formed a small smile that made my heart melt.

"Morning..." She whispered back as she nuzzled her head against my chest and I chuckled as I hugged her.

"Your hair is so soft" I complemented as I kissed her head. Natalie only gave me a small nod in response and she went to get out of bed before I held her waist and pulled her back. "It's too cold! Stay in the warmth!"

"Let me go" She laughed gently as she tried to pull my hands off her waist but I was much stronger.

"Never! Im not letting you go!" I chuckled as I sat up and pulled her into my lap. 

"Why did you wake me up then!?" She groaned as she placed her head against my chest again, wrapping her arms around me.

"Because I want to spend time with you" I sighed as I placed my chin on her head and stared day dreamingly at the wall.

"What plans do you have in mind?" Natalie questioned. "We have to have our duty keeping an eye on Tall Boy remember"

"Well...how about a picnic at the quarry? Then we can come back here...and we can order pizza?" I asked as I tilted her head so her brown eyes were looking up at me. I kissed her nose softly before she responded.

"That sounds...perfect" She nodded as she placed her hand on mine and kissed my cheek before she got off my lap and stood up, walking across to my closet and pulling out her own clothes she had brought to stay here.

She pulled out some stuff then went into the bathroom. I heard the running water from the shower and after about 30 minutes she walked out, changed with her hair done. My jaw dropped as my eyes looked her up and down.

I sighed as I stood up, walking across to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Your missing some things" I whispered in her ear as I walked across to my desk and picked up the two black boxes from the table. They both had red ribbon wrapped around them and Natalie looked slightly confused as she removed the lid from the first box. Her smile widened as she picked up the item inside. It was the tag.

I'd found it and kept it to remind me of her but now she was mine again I thought she deserved to have it back and to show she was mine again and off limits to any guy. I took it from her hand and put it over her head and I smiled wide as it hung around her neck. She placed the empty box down and then opened the smaller one. She sighed with aw as she pulled out her promise ring and then she looked down at my hand.

"I couldn't take it off" I sighed as I showed her the silver ring on my finger.

Natalie slid it back on her finger and then her lips connected with mine as she kissed me passionately.

"Thank you..." She said as she looked at me deeply in my eyes. "Now go get ready!"

I chuckled as I walked off and grabbed the clothes I was going to wear from my closet and I walked into the bathroom to shower and change.