23

Chapter 23- Part Of A Plan
Natalie

"It's just shocking how quick you can lose so many people and how ruining one relationship can ruin so many others" I sighed as I leaned back. I was in the student lounge with Veronica as I shared how much damage the egg had caused.

"Is Toni and Cheryl still not speaking to you?" Veronica questioned.

"Nope. Neither is Sweet Pea or Fangs" I sighed.

"Boys...they are so complicated" Kevin scoffed as he sat on the arm of the couch.

Both me and Veronica looked at him confused and he only gave us a smile. "I mean...dating boys"

"You and Moose okay?" Veronica questioned.

"He's just too scared to come out to his dad which is making our relationship awkward" Kevin sighed. "We're always hiding and can't be out open with each other" 

"What about you V? Are you and Archie getting back together now that he's back?" I questioned as I looked back at Veronica. Archie had been back a week and he was struggling to get his life back together and Veronica was trying to help him to do so.

"I'd like us to. I just don't know if it's the right thing to do" Veronica sighed.

"The right thing to do?" I questioned.

"The safest" Veronica corrected. "With my father it might be better for us to stay apart"

"Understandable" I nodded.

________

As I was texting Reggie on my phone my bedroom door opened and Dad stood in the doorway in his Serpent jacket once again.

"I called Fangs, he's meeting us in fox forest" Dad informed me.

"Alright... let's go then" I sighed as I stood up and followed Dad. I walked past Jughead without saying a word. We still weren't talking so that felt like another person I had lost.

We rode our motorcycles to fox forest and parked them up beside the already parked up motorcycles which belonged to Fangs and Sweet Pea.

"Fangs!" Dad yelled as the two serpents came into view.

"Mr Jones... Natalie" Fangs sighed. The way he said my name still gave of that he was annoyed at me.

"Fangs, my dad and I were talking" I began. "We wanna give you another shot at redemption"

"What are you thinking?" Fangs questioned.

"We want you to go undercover. Join the Gargoyle gang. We need a man on the inside of Hiram's drug operation so we can take him down. Are you in?" I told him.

Fangs thought for a moment before answering. "It'd be an honour" Sweet Pea smiled and Dad nodded as Fangs finally agreed.

________

"Hey Nat" Sweet Pea called as I started walking back to the motorcycles. Dad glanced at me but I nodded for him to get going.

"I'll meet you back at the trailer" I told him as I stopped and turned to Sweet Pea.

"Alright..." Dad agreed and he left.

"What is it Sweet Pea?" I questioned the him as stood in front of me.

"I just wanted to thank you... for letting Fangs re join the Serpents" Sweet Pea replied as he smiled at me.

"I done it for Fangs not for you" I reminded him.