30

Chapter 30- Reunited Once Again
Natalie

Waking up the next morning was strange for me. Unlike my brother who sacrificed his bed for JB, leaving him sleeping on the pullout sofa, I had my own bed. Dad had sacrificed his bed for Mom and had slept on the other sofa. I was surprised to walk into the kitchen of my home to find Mom by the oven, frying bacon and stirring up egg in a pan. Scrambled egg, toast, bacon and orange juice.

"Good morning sunshine" Mom greeted me as she walked away from the oven and into the living room where she awoke Jughead with breakfast. He was startled by the surprise breakfast.

"Well this is a surprise" I sighed as I sat down at the kitchen table.

"You hungry?" Mom asked me as she walked back to the oven and started piling food onto a plate.

"Sure" I nodded as the plate was placed in front of me.

Mom walked back to Jughead, sitting beside him as he sat up with a surprised look as he complemented the breakfast. Dad walked through from the bathroom and I watched as he looked tired.

"Morning" Mom said as she smiled up at him.

"Morning" He mumbled back.

"Sleep on it wrong?" Mom asked.

"Theres no right way to sleep on a couch" Dad sighed.

"Do you want the bed?" Mom asked.

"No, I'm fine" Dad denied.

"I need coffee" Jellybean groaned as she walked into the kitchen rubbing here eyes.

"You let her drink coffee?" Dad asked with a chuckle. Jellybean glared at him and he chuckled as he shrugged. "Okay. It's fine by me. Help yourself" He sighed.

"I gotta get to work. Hey. You need anything, call me" Dad said as he turned to me.

"Alright" I nodded.

________

"Nat we have a problem" Fangs sighed as he walked beside me and Sweet Pea as we made our way to the Serpent meeting in school.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I opened the classroom door.

"We lost a load of members" Fangs pointed out as we looked around the classroom. There were only a few other Serpents along with me, Sweet Pea and Fangs.

"Well this is great" I huffed. "Where is everyone?"

"A new gang" Sweet Pea answered. "The Pretty Poisons"

"And you didn't tell me?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Thought you knew" Sweet Pea sighed.

"Where the hell is everyone else?" Jughead asked as him and Betty walked in.

"We're down another eight" I replied with a sigh.

"Another eight?" Jughead repeated in shock.

"All girls" Sweet Pea added.

"Where are they all going?" Betty asked.

"Turns out Toni and Cheryl started their own gang" I replied.

"All the girls are defecting to it" Sweet Pea sighed.

"The Pretty Poisons" Fangs muttered. "So, what do you want us to do boss?" Fangs asked, turning to me.

"Nothing. This is all because I banished Cheryl and Toni" I shook my head.

"I can talk to Toni, get her back into the Serpent fold and the rest will come back, too" Jughead said.