11

Chapter 11- Run
Natalie

A couple of days passed and after a visitors day Archie informed me of the plan that Veronica and Reggie had shared with him for getting him out which would include me but I was unconvinced it would work. There were too many guards with guns and bats. Archie had tried to escape once and failed, how did he expect to do it again without dragging attention to that he was doing it. Archies had a fight that was to happen the Friday. Currently we knew it was Monday. We had the whole week to inform the others about the plan and have hope that Veronica and Reggie were making a good plan in getting us out.

While Archie slept, I kept in mind the possibilities of the worst thing to happen if the two of us were caught. I was quite sure that Warden had the power to kill us both, make it look like an accident, on the behalf's of the Man In Black.

"Jones" Spoke a guard at the door.

I looked up at him, standing up and walking to the door as it unlocked and opened. I stepped out, facing the guard and before either of us could speak I felt the sharp end of a needle in my arm. The guard pulled the injection away and my mind started to go blank as my eyes faded in and out of focus, and I fell to my knees. Passing out before the man.

I awoke to the sound of voices, the sound of a car made me more confused and as I opened my eyes, adjusting them to the area I was in, I noticed the outline shape of a van.

"Rise and shine" Spoke the guard as he hit my back with his bat.

"The hell..." I was finally able to speak. I felt the van come to a halt and I tried to fight back as the guard grabbed me by my throat, pushing me out the back of the van and onto the cold, wet grass beneath me. The guard kicked me to the floor, my bruised and cut hands gripped the grass like I had never felt it before.

"You have ten seconds to run..." I heard Warden speak. He appeared from his car, walking over to me.

"Why...what!?" I snapped.

"We were ordered to let you go. But let you go weak...an injured animal can't survive alone in the wild" Warden sighed.

I groaned as I stood up. I clutched my side, whimpering at the fresh blood that poured from the wound.

"Now"

A gunshot blew off and without hesitation I took off into the darkness of the woods.

Running faster then I ever knew I could run. Through the woods I hoped were near home. I jumped over rocks, logs and through puddles and round trees. I didn't look back. Not even a glance.

I took a turn, running towards the source of light I could see in the distance. I could feel my legs slowly giving up on me but I refused to stop running. The pain stabbing me wasn't stopping me.

When my breathing was heavier, my chest hurting along with my whole body, I collapsed against a tree, holding onto it like I had no other choice. I gasped, breathing heavily, my eyes looking around hoping for any sign of life. I was alone and I didn't know how far I was from home. The darkness around me was scaring me more. I didn't know what was out in the darkness. For it could be as stupid as a serial killer.

I wasn't going to give up. I refused to rest. I stood back up, whimpering as I done so but I kept moving, walking slowly through the dark. I paused every time I heard a sound that didn't sound appealing. My fingers trembled as I held my side, making me slower and weaker. I paused as I reached an odd looking bush. It was covering something up, I could see the old metal handle of some door.