First Daisies

LISA

Before my car left the gate, the postman left a letter delivery in our mailbox. I really went out of my car and see if it's for me and not just some of our bills to pay.

Got it! It's from Italy again! That was fast. It just took five days and here I am again excited to read the letter when I arrive at my office.

After my assistant placed my coffee on my desk, I immediately opened the letter.

Dear L,

Thank you for your kind words. It is really helping my mental and emotional state right now. I remember someone with the same initial with yours. She also played a big part when I was home before whenever I got to hear her.

Yes, I fell in love with her. I am still in love with her. But because of unwanted circumstances, I have to marry someone. Life as it is. If it's not sweet, it surely sucks.

Anyway, how's your travel here in Italy? I hope you tasted real Italian food. I am also planning to have my own pizza parlor someday. I still have to talk to my husband. I am not sure if he'll allow me. He would not even let me have a phone and computer of my own. What more if I ask for a small restaurant?

I think your Mom is really one of the best cooks, isn't she?

By the way, I was once a chef and still dreams of doing my passion some other time if the world permits. But I think it won't really happen anymore.

Sorry if I am giving too much information of my life. I don't know if you are interested.

But I also want to tell a story about my daughter. Here name is Olivia and I call her my sweet little Livi. She just learned to crawl this morning while I am writing this letter. She is really so cute.

Anyway, it's amazing how our letters reach us. Just for you idea, the secretary of Juliet did not give me your address so don't worry because I do not have any idea where you live. Don't be scared. They deliver your letter straight to my house and they schedule a pick up of my letter and they send it to you. How lovely it's fast, right?

What do you do? Tell me more about you if you don't mind.

Have a great day ahead and take care.

Love,
J

Wait.

A chef. She is married but in love with someone else.

Wait.

The penmanship. Fuck. No. Yes.

Relax, Lisa. There are eight billion people in this world. Yes, there's a possibility. But would you still statistically think of the probabilities that you are talking with Jennie Kim through a letter right fucking now?

Should I ask her real name? Or is it kind of creepy if I do ask some info about her? Slow down, Lisa. Slow down.

My mind is rattling and my heart is really going wild right now. This person has the same penmanship with Jennie.

Lisa, do not assume.

But why do I have a strong feeling that this is really her? God. Please let me know as soon as possible if this is my girlfriend.

After my meetings, I looked for a piece of paper in my office but I couldn't find a bond paper. I'm lazy to ask from my assistant because I am in so much eagerness to write right now.

I took this long pad with The Golden L's logo. I didn't care anymore of my identity's safety. All I know is I want to reply to her.

Dear J,