53 - Wake up

Takemichi and Chifuyu got out of the baths after discussing the future, about Mikey, about the Toman members, and about Kisaki's supposed influence on Mikey. There were a lot of things to unpack there, so naturally, Takemichi thought of going to the person who is the best at this type of thing.

"Chifuyu," Takemichi looked back at the boy, giving him a confident grin, "Let's go ask (Y/N)-chan for help."

"..." Chifuyu's eyes widened for a few moments before they fell, looking down on the ground with a frown, making Takemichi wonder what was wrong. "You just returned from the future... so you wouldn't know... But... (Y/N)'s at the hospital."

"Hospital?! What happened!?"

"I only heard this from Draken but..." Chifuyu glanced back at Takemich, preparing himself to tell the news. "A few days ago, she fainted and got into a cardiac arrest and was rushed to the hospital."

"Is she alright now?!"

"...It's been three days... and she hasn't woken up."

Takemichi's blood suddenly got cold, remembering the future. You were killed in the future, so there was no way that you would die right now... but.. With you in a coma, he wouldn't be able to ask for help.

"Want to go visit her?"

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °∘❉∘° ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

Takemichi and Chifuyu made their way to the hospital, stopping by to buy some flowers as a small gift. Once they were there, they went to the reception and asked for the room number. This was also the first time that Chifuyu was going to visit since he had already given his apologies and best wishes to Draken and Mikey a few days ago when they had a rally.

And as they arrived at the designated room, to their surprise, there were two people here already, Hina and Emma.

"Oh, Takemichi-kun, and Chifuyu?" Hina asked, slightly surprised to see the two boys here in the hospital. She walked over to the table, placing the vase with the new flowers down. "Come in. I didn't know you would come, Takemichi-kun."

"A-ah... I just wanted to check up on (Y/N)-chan..." Takemichi answered awkwardly.

"Well, (Y/N) still hasn't woken up..." Emma replied with a tired voice, sitting to the side while clasping the sleeping girl's hand. She looked quite haggard, she hadn't slept well and she looked like she'd been crying for hours to no end. "...We brought her favorite snacks, and even brought her favorite flowers, but she still hasn't woken up. I'm getting worried..."

Emma sniffled as tears began to form in her eyes. She laid her head on the bed, sobbing quietly while Hina comforted her. Takemichi and Chifuyu stood on the other side of the bed, looking at (Y/N) with sad frowns.

By her bed, there were various flowers, letters, and even gifts. They guessed that might've been from your classmates in school. The stuffed bunny, the dorayaki, and the flowers though, they knew exactly where they came from.

'(Y/N)-chan...' Takemichi could only imagine what Mikey and the others are going through. They've been friends forever, what if she doesn't wake up ever again? What would happen then? 'Why am I thinking like this!? I know (Y/N)-chan isn't going to die!! But... but when will she wake up..? But... what exactly happened?' "Emma-chan... can I ask... how (Y/N)-chan... you know, got here?"

"...We... we were just- Just about to go to school-" Emma began to explain through her sobs. She wanted to tell the story, the boy was just curious, but remembering it just breaks her heart. "Draken told us that before they arrived at our home... she was showing some symptoms of a kind of heart disease... so when they got Mikey and I... we were about to leave home when she suddenly fainted..."